|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft Federal Customer Success org helps customers realize their potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. As an important part of the Customer Success organization, the CDD practice exists to drive process led solutions and provide User Experience operational subject matter expertise aligned with customer business needs.
Design is a driving force in radically transforming any experience. Are you looking for a challenge that encompasses a broad set of design requirements and the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and passionate environment? Microsoft Federal CSU is looking for a User Experience Customer Engineer (CE) with strong interaction and visual design skills with the proven ability to conceive and articulate design solutions by mapping a customer’s business problem to an extensible and usable information architecture. As a UX CE you will be creative, open-minded, and have strong communication skills. You will work closely with customers, partners, and other Microsoft teams to drive success. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. This role helps drive and support service transformation in enterprise organizations through Premier with longer-term support engagements as a Designated or Dedicated Support Engineer (DSE). It would be great to have knowledge of Modern Service Management and Adoption Change Management principals along with UX experience.
This role requires the ability to engage in effective dialog with senior-level business and technology decision makers, a focus on the development of customer business agility and business value, and deep experience with User Experience design. It would be great if the individual has knowledge on Prosci ADKAR model and knows service management principals.
- Proven Figma, Sketch, Principle, Adobe Design Suite, and other design software in Mac and PC environments. Experience prototyping interactions.
- Experience with design project oversight through the entire project lifecycle - including managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to design user interfaces within technical constraints while leveraging and maximizing technical features
- Experience with all stages of product development - concept, wireframes, design iterations, production and QA.
- Cross-platform experience - desktop, tablet and mobile. A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation.
- Work samples that show both strong interaction and visual design proficiency.
- Your portfolio should showcase your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We would like to see a diversity of projects and a solid collection of outcomes and deliverables (flows, mockups, and prototypes), with demonstrations of the design and thought process behind each project.
- Deliver high quality engagements in both large-scale project environments and smaller, single staffed engagement models
- Engage in IT and business executive discussions related Modern Service Management principles and concepts, Digital Transformation, and overall IT Operations and Adoption.
- Transfer knowledge and share best practices with team members to help enhance the quality of engagement delivery and the customer experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction Designer in a product, web, mobile, agency, or large enterprise company.
- 4+ years of experience facilitating design thinking processes and user research techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically solve complex design problems.
- Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set customer expectations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead customer workshops to gather requirements and feedback on deliverables.
- Ideally 10 or more years of operations consulting skills and/or service delivery manager experience
- Ideally a BS/BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ideally 3+ years in complex IT Service Management (ITSM) and Adoption Change Management work
- Ideally 3+ years of working with Azure technologies preferred
- Ideally 3+ years of working with M365/O365 technologies preferred
- Ideally 1+ years of working with Azure DevOps technologies preferred
- Experience desired in Six Sigma methods, IT Governance frameworks like COBIT, business value methods like Gartner TCO, project management, organizational change such as PROSCI, and DevOps and Agile methodologies.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.