|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of millions of customers? The Microsoft Edge team is looking for a Program Manager to focus on the Engineering System for the Edge Browser. The ES is the system that powers all of the innovation being developed in Edge – and faces new open source challenges, thanks to the move to the Chromium code base. The ES PM team is in charge of defining our strategy and direction for the Engineering System for Edge – from contributing here at Microsoft all the way through to defining engineering excellence for engineers contributing directly to Chromium. The ES PM team is customer obsessed and data driven, working to understand our developer needs and turn those into strategic features and plans that impact the whole of Edge. Edge Engineering and Program Management organizations are distributed, and you should embrace a highly collaborative environment with a need for highly skilled and adept communications. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers, partners, and customers in locations around the globe.
As a Program Manager on this team you will
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure it aligns with overall product and company vision.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term.
- Manage and track the progress of features to ship great experiences on time and with excellent quality
- Derive insights from multiple data sources including customer feedback and telemetry to define solutions that improve the Edge Engineering System
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Program managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams, stakeholders, and products. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- 3+ years of professional experience in leading and delivering end to end customer solutions
- 5+ years program management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of cross group collaboration experience
- A working understanding of an end to end software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated success connecting with customers, identifying insights, designing and delivering features to address customer needs.
- A proven track record of partnering with multiple cross-functional teams.
- A demonstrated ability to independently handle complex assignments.
- Exceptional teamwork and commitment to foster a positive and diverse team culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in improving performance for software or browser-based services
- working knowledge of git
If you have read this far and are excited, then what are you waiting for? Connect with us!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.