|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. The Adoption and Change Management (ACM) and Modern Service Management (MSM) Team is part of the Modern Work Domain. The ACM and MSM Delivery Team works with customers across all three Domains. ACM drives customer adoption of technology using the people side of change. MSM upskills IT organizations with digital agility, DevOps, and modern practices. Microsoft Consulting Services helps customers achieve cloud success through People (ACM), Process (MSM), and Technology.
The ACM-MSM Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) is a people manager within Americas, responsible for leading a team of consultants. The TDM drives successful consulting delivery execution through team preparedness, precision delivery, overall utilization and high customer/partner satisfaction in a cost-efficient manner. The TDM executes the annual people rhythm of the business for their team including 1-1’s, Connects, Career Development, Awards/Rewards with a focus on developing and retaining talent. The TDM also provides pipeline support through demand generation and pre-sales activities, to grow the ACM-MSM pipeline. The TDM plans, prioritizes, translates, communicates, and implements the broader business strategy at the team level, while fostering a culture of inclusivity and growth mindset.
Core Responsibilities Include:
People and Technical Delivery Management 60%
- Lead all aspects of people and performance management for your team in alignment with the annual People Rhythm of Business.
- Foster an environment of inclusion, that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers.
- Drive tech intensity through comprehensive technical and professional readiness plans with a focus on cloud solutions, consumption and digital usage.
- Instill excellent quality consulting delivery practices and champion IP re-use/creation while optimizing team productivity and Customer value.
- Anticipate and remove delivery blockers and effectively address stakeholder and customer escalations.
Execution - Deliver Results through Teamwork 30%
- Achieve or exceed personal and team goals from quarter to quarter, including utilization and Delivered Value
- Effectively translate and communicate Microsoft, MCS and Domain strategy and goals to the field.
- Support pipeline building
- Consistently manage areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively managing resources.
Change Leadership and Services Role Model 10%
- Land strategic change initiatives or programs with your team.
- Ensure your team is effectively guiding customer/partners through relevant change initiatives.
- Continue to grow leadership, executive communication and business acumen skills while role modelling tech intensity.
- 3+ years’ of direct people management experience.
- 5+ years of technology-related experience in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to lead with empathy.
- Planning, Organizing, Executing and Setting Goals/Expectations.
- A proven track record of pre-sales to delivery engagement experience in a consulting environment.
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of how Microsoft’s Consulting Services align to customer outcomes.
- Demonstrated change management experience (Prosci certified).
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent; Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Experience in Mondern Service Management is highly desireable for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.