|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
SMC Finance and Learning Finance manages $30B+ in Commercial and Learning revenue while managing a full P&L and operations across 8 Sales Centers supporting customers from Corporate to Small businesses.
- Land the Digital Sales vision around the transformation of our business and customer engagement.
- Drive resource allocation and investments through programs and sales motion insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with business priorities.
- Build trust with our customers and business partners in a compliant way.
- Empower and care for our people to be a top performing while driving an inclusive culture.
- The SMB Finance Manager focuses on three important pillars around investments:
- Developing standardize approach on assessing ROI with financial data
- Developing business cases and models to support investments and resource requests
- Look for productivity and analytics to existing motions and programs to make quick decision to refine, continue, or eliminate
Culture & Behavior
- A growth mindset, with a startup approach that drives business impact, and continuously learn
- Actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams with EG Finance, GSMO, and WCB business partners
- Leverage technology and others to be more efficient to deliver insights and recommendations to our customers and business partners
- Build investment frameworks to align investments to outcomes
- Accountable for data driven decision making with a ROI culture and discipline across SMB and Corporate
- Deliver focused insights to drive efficiencies on the use of opex (HC, external resources, marketing)
- Share learnings of prior investments analysis while also maintain a history to assess progress
- Develop business cases or investible models so leadership can quickly add $ if resources are available
- Partner with planning and analytics teams to drive standardize approach
- Share best practices with regional controllers and GSMO partners to make better decision making on both WCB and GSMO investments and resources
- Identify investments & disinvestment opportunities across SMC
- Focused areas will be LTV, CAC, financial modeling, business case documentation, and monitoring success metrics on decisions and investments
Key indicators of success
- Strong analytical skills to build robust financial models to provide scenarios and to help inform decision
- Deliver ROI analytics to SMC leadership and success metrics
- Thought leader on ROI analysis and building business cases for new investment ideas
- Monitor and provide updates of the performance of investment decisions
5+ years of active experience in similar role
Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
Strong understanding of financial modeling and statistics
BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CPA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.