|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you excited about new concepts and scenarios in a world being revolutionized by Data and AI? Do you want to empower people to take part in AI, have more control and monetize their data, content, and expertise? If so, join us at the Office of the CTO.
The Data Dignity team is looking for a talented software engineer, with strong problem solving, design and coding skills, driving for results and with the ability to deliver quality software for mobile, desktop and large-scale distributed cloud deployments. You will help expanding a platform of applications and services that supports a broad set of customers worldwide, integrating with a growing list of Microsoft products and technologies like OneDrive, Edge, Maps, IoT, Azure ML, Cortana, Windows, Bing, Commerce, AAD, Office and more.
- Define the architecture, develop, and integrate our platform with solutions of our Microsoft partners.
- Support and grow an infrastructure capable of scaling globally to growing load and new integration patterns.
- Drive architecture and code reviews of mobile applications, backend services, distributed infrastructure, and external partner dependencies.
- Build DevOps capabilities to support production services and operations like release management with no downtime, instrumenting and measuring software performance, real-time proactive monitoring, admin tools, etc.
- Coach team on best engineering practices, acting as a Technical Lead for the team and the Office of the CTO.
- Become familiar with the technologies used by the Data Dignity platform. We use a variety of technologies such as Cosmos Db, Service Bus, Azure Storage, Azure CS, Azure Notification Hub, AAD, ReactJS, React Native, Docker, Kubernetes, TensorFlow, PyTorch, ONNX, etc. We are always researching and considering new and reusable solutions, connecting with the entire company and external opensource communities.
- At least 6 years of technical engineering experience with C# or related languages like Java or C++.
- At least 3 years of technical engineering experience with Azure or similar cloud technology.
- Experience in multi-threaded and asynchronous programming.
- Experience successfully building reliable and scalable software solutions.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a dynamic / agile environment.
- Experience consuming highly scalable storage solutions like Cosmos DB or similar.
- Experience integrating with services using OAuth.
- Development and operational experience with containers and/or virtual machines or similar.
- Having built and deployed ML models, particularly to customers.
- Familiarity with concerns about AI ethics and data sets used to train ML models.
- Quality assurance automation, configuring CI/CD pipelines, proactive monitoring, rolling upgrades with no downtime.
- Cross-platform development on Windows and Linux/Unix, targeting mobile and desktop.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.