|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the forefront of innovating the latest hardware designs to propel Microsoft’s cloud growth? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities, cross team collaboration, with business insight and strategy? Join our Hardware Strategy and Planning (HSP) team within Microsoft’s Azure Hardware Systems & Infrastructure (AHSI) organization and be a part of the organization behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission.
The Hardware and Strategic Planning (HSP) organization within AHSI manages hardware roadmap planning and program management from concept through production for all of Microsoft’s current and future on-line services. Well-defined and executed strategic planning ensures products meet the requirements for performance, features, and time-to-market. The ability to draw insights from a deep understanding of the cloud HW Infrastructure landscape and industry trends is critical in informing the roadmap and planning decisions.
As a Strategic Planner, you will drive engagement with technology providers, understand their product portfolio and roadmap, work with internal partners and strategize how 1st and 3rd party technology solutions intercept Azure hardware infrastructure roadmap. The role will involve driving requirements with technology providers that enable the growth of the Azure cloud business and give it a competitive edge. Join our HSP team and be a part of the world’s fastest growing cloud service!
We have multiple positions open and are looking for candidates with experience in CPU technology planning, memory and storage technology planning.
- Work with 1st and 3rd party technology providers, understand their portfolios, partner with engineering and business groups and drive a competitive and executable hardware roadmap strategy for Azure hardware infrastructure.
- Deep dive into a key technology area, CPU, Memory or Storage, analyze technology offerings and trends, quantitatively compare various offerings and come up with recommendations and strategy that give a unique edge to Azure hardware infrastructure.
- Perform roadmap scenario modeling, financial modeling, and market analysis for the recommended HW platform factoring in performance, features, cost, and time-to-market tradeoffs.
- Partner with internal stakeholders including engineering, supply chain, finance groups and drive a competitive and executable hardware roadmap strategy for Azure hardware infrastructure.
- Drive internal alignment on commodity technology platform POR.
- Recommend internal and external process improvements and excellence conversations cross functionally to ensure we have optimized processes and aligned across partner teams.
- Create, maintain, and effectively disseminate project communication to stakeholders.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field/experience.
- 8+ years industry experience in managing the technical programs or devices from definition to delivery.
- Deep technical understanding of CPU architecture (x86 and ARM), trends and applicability to cloud usages and/or
- Deep technical understanding of commodity storage or memory technologies (SSDs, HDDs, tape, DRAM etc.) and knowledgeable on storage and/or memory industry trends.
- Knowledge of cloud datacenter architecture preferred.
- 5+ years hands on experience with CPU architecture and or design
- 5+ years hands on experience developing storage and or memory devices
- 10-15 years industry experience in managing the technical programs or devices from definition to delivery.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present to a wide range of cross functional partners across different teams and levels of Proven customer obsession in prior roles where customer requirements were gathered and implemented into a product.
- Product Planning or Project Management experience is desired.
- Proven capability to drive positive business results by working across multiple organizations.
- Experience working in HW Infrastructure Engineering Groups
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrix organization.
- the organization
- Self-motivated, driven individual who can work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous business environment with competing business tasks.
- Familiarity and previous experience developing programs through phase gate process is preferred.
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.