|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
While you’ve heard about Microsoft’s Digital Transformation and how it’s leading our industry to the cloud, have you ever thought about becoming a key member of the team that powers this strategic effort in our company?
Core Platform Engineering (CPE) is part of the Core Services Engineering (CSE) org. Our goal is to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers. We help Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. As an org, we succeed through a rich blend of deep technical and business expertise, fueled by an obsession for empowering our customers.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional and tech-savvy writer to be a part of the CPE organization to build and drive a comprehensive internal and external communications plan and strategy.
You should be a writer first and foremost. a natural storyteller with writing and editing superpowers. You believe in the power of plain language to communicate ideas and you thrive on creating solutions that help people. You have a technical background with a passion for making technology simpler and friendlier.
The right candidate will bring a combination of creativity and proven track record in developing strong partnerships with our technical PM community, and deliver impactful internal, external communications, executive key messages, and presentations.
Working with the CPE leadership team, you will create a communications strategy and plan for CPE and its technical workforce that accrues to the overall CSE strategy and resonates with the different audiences across the global landscape.
Location/Travel: You will be based in Redmond, WA, at Microsoft HQ. You can expect travel to be less than 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
- Create overall Communications plan and messaging framework for the CPE Leadership team.
- Work with world-class engineering teams to create and document new product experiences.
- Design and write end-to-end how-to guidance that make it easy for customers to adopt and love our products.
- Envision and drive experiments with our engineering PMs to test out new ideas and formulate innovative solutions.
- Provide executive communication support including, employee communications, internal & external communications, key messages, presentations, meetings, and profile development.
- Cultivate, write and share stories that support key messages and generate energy.
- Build a communications library of stories and presentation materials using a multi-model approach.
- Help build effective channels, strategies, media, and methods to reach different roles across CPE. Different formats or types of media should be used to reach a wider audience, such as, video, social media, articles, blog, website, etc. and establish listening channels to gather feedback and stay current with technology topics.
- Develop a rhythm of communication that builds upon the CPE communication plan and drives clarity and engagement.
- Be a collaboration rock star - build deep partnerships and have a thirst to learn about new areas of the business.
- 7+ years of experience in executive communications and/or technical writing, including employee communication, marketing, public relations and/or journalism.
- Have a portfolio of writing examples that demonstrate your experience writing technical documentation and marketing materials.
- Outstanding verbal, written and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues and deliver compelling information to both internal and external audiences.
- Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including utilization of new channels, strategies, multimedia and other tools are effective to inform and engage people.
- Proven track record in developing communication plans with technical/engineering partners and landing key messages for both internal and external audiences at all levels, with diverse cultures and languages
- Experience in strategic communications discussions with senior leaders and developing executive level presentations.
- Experience working on the launch of new products, services or initiatives and documenting those technical successes.
- Advanced organizational skills, cross-organizational collaboration, and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High interpersonal awareness, ability to impact and influence, and behaving with both a customer-obsessed mindset, while maintaining a team-first attitude.
- Experience developing listening systems (via social media platforms or other) and measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications, adjusting communications plans, as necessary.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite and Teams Livestream experience is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.