|Job Type:||Full Time|
The pandemic has accelerated the transformation of the Digital First economy and has transformed the way consumers and businesses shop for and purchase technology. As the worldwide direct sales engine for Microsoft’s devices and services delivered direct to consumers and small business & EDU customers, Microsoft store is well positioned to support our customers changing purchase behaviors as more and more sales shift to digital storefronts. As the first and best place to directly buy and experience Microsoft products and technology, we are Microsoft's front door for e-commerce at the company.
The Microsoft Stores finance team is looking for a someone who is looking for a role that will help enable growth for our sales channel, both in the short and long run. This role will partner directly with the Digital Stores leadership teams and finance partners to manage in year business performance, land long term growth initiatives and make smart investment prioritization decisions. The role will be an active member of our greater Microsoft Store finance team, collaborating widely with the business planning teams and EDM Finance peers to develop smart approaches to common issues and leveraging insights & analytics to drive business growth.
This position reports to the Finance Director for Microsoft Stores, and works closely with the Microsoft Stores Digital Stores Field and Leadership team. This role has a balance of ROB work to keep you plugged into what is happening in the business combined with capacity for project work that allows you to focus on big impact work.
Specific responsibilities for the Digital Stores Finance Manager include the following:
Rhythm of The Business
- Be the single point of contact and trusted advisor for the one of the 4 major global regions (N.A, EMEA, ASIA and GCR)
- Create clarity around performance drivers of the Regional Digital Stores business, and drive for actions and solutions that address the root cause
- Leverage financial data, web reporting data, and other data sources to develop "whole pictures" insights on the business that identify areas of opportunity and improvements
Strategic Projects (illustrative examples)
- Leverage LTV and CAC insights to drive variable cost to serve and channel profitability model
- Partner with Store Planning teams to build the business cases for feature asks for the engineering roadmap
- Support business cases and financial process recommendations for new business models, marketplace expansion and new ways of selling direct in partnership with the Stores strategy team
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Self-starter who thrives in ambiguous, fast moving environments with evolving technology and business model trends
- A strong collaborator who enjoys working with a wide range of personality styles
- A superior communicator who can take a complex analysis and speak to it in a simple way
- Someone with a history of impact in roles where they have been a trusted business advisor
- Someone with a track record of managing multiple deliverables from multiple parties to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, financial modeling capabilities, and ability to think strategically
- Experience in a digital or ecommerce is a plus - but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.