|Job Type:||Full Time|
Online Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today - serving hundreds of millions of ad impressions per day and generating terabytes of user events data every day. The rapid growth of online advertising has created enormous opportunities as well as technical challenges that demand computational intelligence.
The Bing Ads Understanding team is at the center stage of this exciting new interdisciplinary field that involves natural language processing, machine learning, data mining, and statistics, to solve challenging problems that arise in online advertising. The central problem of computational advertising is to select an optimized slate of relevant ads for a user to maximize a total utility function that captures the expected revenue, user experience and return on investment for advertisers. We are a world-class R&D team of passionate and talented scientists and engineers who aspire to solve tough problems and turn innovative ideas into high-quality products and services. We help hundreds of millions of users find what they want, and advertisers gain the right audience, thereby directly impacting our business as a Marketplace.
Job responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining production machine learning models to retrieve ad listings and predict ad quality.
- Finding insights and forming hypothesis on web-scale data with various machine learning, feature engineering, statistical, and data mining techniques: e.g. regression, classification, NLP, optimization, p-values analysis.
- Designing experiments, understanding the resulting data, and producing actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
- Wrangling large amounts of data (think petabytes) using various tools, including open-source ones and your own. All programming languages are welcome, especially Python, R, C#, C++, Java, and SQL.
- Taking complex problems and the associated data and giving the answers in a concise form to assist senior executives in making key business decisions.
- A BS degree in computer science or a quantitative domain.
- 5+ year experience delivering, scaling, and maintaining highly successful and innovative machine learning products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Ability to work independently in a team to deliver innovative solutions solving challenging business/technical problems from high level vision and architecture, down to quality design and implementation.
- Have good understanding of state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning technologies. In particular, hands-on experiences with deep learning models (DNN, Attention, CNN, RNN) and frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.) will be very helpful.
- Strong algorithm and analytical background and very good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real problems
- Experience in parallel or distributed processing, high performance computing, stream computing and SCOPE is a plus
- Self-motivated and self-directed and be able to work constructively with a wide variety of people, team and changing business priorities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.