|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in being part of a small agile team, helping to grow some of Azure’s fastest growing businesses? Are you a creative problem solver looking to drive impact? If so, then the Azure Data + AI Product Marketing team has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for a strong technical marketer to help grow Azure’s Cosmos DB offering. This role requires critical thinking, cross-group collaboration and storytelling skills as well as a passion for technology and developer audiences. In this role, you will help define and drive the messaging for Azure Cosmos DB and be responsible for customer facing technical content and customer evidence to define market perception and help drive adoption. You will also be responsible for developing and delivering demonstrations for executive-level event keynotes.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Deeply understand customer needs and identify common use cases and solution patterns
- Assess the competitive landscape and develop content to highlight our differentiated value and assist sales and customer success teams with compete escalations
- Develop customer facing technical content (e.g., whitepapers, ebooks, architecture guides and videos) to be used across our digital channels and consumed by developer audiences
- Help define Azure Cosmos DB’s presence at Microsoft-hosted events
- Support product disclosures in partnership with engineering, other marketing teams and communications
Drive analyst/influencer engagement for Azure Cosmos DB
- Apply innovative storytelling techniques to create great customer evidence to inspire practitioners
Role Readiness Prerequisites:
Aptitude for quickly learning new and emerging technologies
Experience with database offerings is a plus
Ability to explain customer scenarios and solution architectures in a broadly relatable manner
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and storytelling skills are required
Strong project management, critical thinking and cross-group collaboration skills are required
1-2 years of product marketing/product management experience is a plus
A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or some related discipline is preferred
Some travel required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.