|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 (M365) continues to be a significant driver of Microsoft’s success across the commercial landscape. The FastTrack service offerings help customers successfully deploy and drive user adoption of M365 solutions. When customers purchase eligible M365 licenses, the FastTrack benefit is included at no additional cost for the life of their subscriptions. The FastTrack team helps customers enable more effective teamwork, migrate data, and protect their organizations from cybersecurity threats and keep devices and apps up to date.
Within the broader FastTrack framework, the FastTrack Ready Partner (FRP) program (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/partners/fasttrack) drives high-touch engagement with select, highly proficient partners to deliver the FastTrack benefit and value-added services to M365 customers. The FRP program motion enables scale and increased velocity to business goals through a robust, mutually beneficial ecosystem of Microsoft FastTrack, FRPs and customers.
The FRP Data & Tools (D&T) team is responsible for creating and managing, in concert with other Microsoft engineering teams, the platforms and tools FRP partners and internal teams operate to run the FRP program. We are looking to add a Senior Program Manager to our team to drive key business goals through vital engineering investments in our core platforms.
As a Senior Program Manager in the FRP D&T team you will:
- align with business and engineering stakeholders and teams to contribute to and implement an engineering roadmap aligned to FRP strategy.
- drive strategic discussions with stakeholders while developing plans and driving execution.
- be responsible for end-to-end software engineering process/project management for various initiatives.
- gather and manage requirements.
- develop technical specifications i.e., translate business requirements into actionable engineering design/logic.
- conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) and deliver associated content and readiness material.
- ensure change management processes are followed and modeled.
- ensure appropriate release management.
You will specifically own core FRP platform components including, but not limited to:
- FRP-related enhancements and initiatives in the FastTrack Orchestration Portal (FTOP).
- integration of FTOP with Partner Center.
- Claiming Partner of Record (CPOR) enhancements i.e., be the FRP engineering contributor to the CPOR vNext effort.
- year-over-year definition and delivery of required systems changes due to annual FRP and associated OSU M365 program framework updates.
- related bug tracking and resolution.
You have a strong understanding of systems architecture and software platforms with a keen interest in stitching component systems together in seamless, coherent and innovative ways. You have a passion for simplicity and elegance in data and platform architecture. You have managed and delivered engineering projects with various teams in matrixed organizations, while influencing business, engineering and operations teams not directly within your span of control to deliver effective solutions.
You do the above with aplomb but with a measure of humility, recognizing that you do not always know it all. You are a team player and recognize healthy team dynamics as a pre-requisite to successful business outcomes. You do not hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help the team…no task is beneath you.
You are familiar with Microsoft’s partner ecosystem and ideally know FRP and other Microsoft partner programs including the platforms used i.e., Partner Center (specifically CPOR), FTOP, IDEAs, OCP Insights, etc.
The below are core requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to own and drive projects/efforts with minimal supervision.
- Ability to negotiate with and influence other internal organizations to drive for a shared goal.
- Deep understanding of systems architecture, data flow, database design.
- Ability to write technical specifications for an engineering audience. Ability to understand and document interaction with APIs, platforms, etc. using ERDs, sequence diagrams, DFDs, etc.
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems and solutions in plain language to non-technical audiences.
- Great interpersonal skills to be able to successfully communicate with and present to diverse stakeholders and audiences at various levels within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in science or engineering.
- You should have knowledge of the FastTrack program and FastTrack approach and be able to articulate the value of FastTrack.
- Experience in working directly with partner organizations in the delivery of Microsoft cloud services.
- Deep understanding of the M365 suite and the data structures supporting them.
- Proficiency with Azure DevOps (ADO)
- M365 planning and deployment experience with enterprise customers.
- Master’s degree in software engineering or a related field.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.