|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation seeks new Project Manager in Energy Markets, focused on the APAC region (Asia Pacific). The candidate will manage a portfolio of activities to optimize and execute opportunities in datacenter energy supply and technology, including: negotiate utility/energy contracts, develop business cases for new technology, and identify market conditions & regulations material to large power consumers.
The candidate will have the ability to develop power market price forecasts and other financial modeling in support of CO+I initiatives. The candidate will need to broadly understand the dynamics of energy markets and Microsoft’s own unique position in the energy sector. This necessitates that the candidate brings an innovative, collaborative presence to the role towards driving commercial & technology execution to realize business goals, lower costs, and meet sustainability targets
- Negotiate and administer contracts with utilities and energy suppliers in support of Microsoft’s datacenter businesses in APAC.
- Assist in the analysis of energy industry trends, market policy and regulations to proactively identify opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, and advance sustainability.
- Partner with globally distributed internal stakeholders on site selection and energy project development, e.g. distributed energy, renewables.
- Work collaboratively with external vendors and consultants on regional market research.
- Develop financial models and research in support of internal business cases.
- Build relationships with external suppliers and partners, particularly electric utilities and energy technology providers, and with internal stakeholders.
- Support Energy Markets teams in defining strategy and executing on strategy.
- Work with third parties to develop and monitor analytics tools for portfolio analysis
- Business travel required (10%-25%, subject to fluctuation with business tempo).
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mechanical engineering, sustainability, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in energy project management
- 5+ years of experience in wholesale and retail power markets
- 5+ years of experience in the power industry, with specific focus on the technical aspects of power markets
- 5+ years of experience in the review of utility tariffs, power contracts and power market fundamentals
- International business experience in APAC, including working proficiency in relevant languages, e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai.
- Understanding and experience in working with energy and utility providers.
- MBA/post-graduate degree in relevant fields a plus, though experience in consulting and power/energy industries may substitute for relevant graduate education in this regard.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have a clear answer.
- Excellent business acumen and entrepreneurial, self-directed spirit.
- Team player with cross-group collaboration and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Growth mindset with problem-solving skills
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.