|Job Type:||Full Time|
Help us build an inclusive Microsoft web! Web Experience Collective (WXC) is a design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
Web Experience Collective (WXC) is seeking a Communication Designer that will deliver on our team's goals by shaping visual storytelling across presentations, video, print, social media and internal and external digital channels. Desired candidates need to possess a multi-skilled passion and mastery for visual storytelling, infographics, promotional materials, executive demos and presentations, video branding and customer success stories.
The person in this role must default to a making/building mindset. When in doubt, building something and share it being obsessively collaborative both with other copywriters, content strategists, product owners, design, and engineering teams and executive leadership. This intense collaboration is the only way to achieve success. Embracing quick thinking and openness is a must.
You’ll be passionately supported by a manager and team that values the skills and perspectives you bring to the table—whether discussing your project or someone else’s.
- Persuasion is your middle name. You know the strengths and weaknesses of various mediums, have a rolodex of visual metaphors at the ready, and relish the role of typography in subconscious emotion.
- Always ask why, but with the goal and responsibility of finding the answer.
- You can speak to the essentials of great communication and are able to produce emotional reactions in pursuit of core business objectives.
- Vigilant in the fact that details matter in the craft of design from concept through execution.
- Collaborate fearlessly and transparently on all stages from strategy to launch to refinement.
- Invent opportunities to elevate perceptions of WebXT online services and offerings through product demos, videos, and infographics.
- Agility and flexibility to shift gears quickly and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Partner across the org and at all levels, maintaining confidence and confidentiality of partners.
- Irreproachable love of all aspects of typography, design, narrative brand, and motion.
- Experience in solving complex problems and the storytelling to make the solution real.
- Mastery with all design, presentation and video tools/software so that shaping ideas is effortless.
- Relentless focus on critical thinking and questions that cause teams to re-think stale strategy, clarify goals, and create better results.
- Adventurous nature and a strong entrepreneurial spirit when confronted with ambiguity.
- Background in working in collaborative, iterative teams where work is shared often and openly to drive alignment and persuasion.
- Excellent command of visual communication skills and desire to inspire others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.