|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 200 million copies sold worldwide on PC, Console and Mobile. Minecraft inspires people around the world to create together and has resulted in one of the most active and passionate player communities in history. We’re looking for a Manager for Minecraft Data Engineering to join the Minecraft Data and Analytics team and help us shape the future of the Minecraft franchise.
As the Manager of Minecraft Data Engineering on Minecraft’s DnA team, you will be responsible for driving high priority engineering projects, owning Agile sprint rituals, and communicating status to partners and stakeholders. You will work in a fast-paced environment bringing people together to deliver impactful solutions for the studio.
A successful Manager of Minecraft Data Engineering is great at communication, excels when working in ambiguity, and is passionate about big data and gaming.
- Lead an engineering Agile team through sprint planning, retrospectives, and backlog grooming.
- Establish and report on progress against measure of success for effective program tracking.
- Provide regular program updates to leadership and stakeholders on project progress.
- Cultivate effective relationships with coworkers, stakeholders, and partners.
- Manage backlogs to deliver the highest priority items while proactively setting realistic expectations.
- Drive and own resolution to technical issues, incidents (ICM), and security/privacy update requirements.
- Help manage the workflow and deliverables for vendors.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that embraces inclusivity and diversity.
- 3+ years’ experience in data science, or data engineering.
- Experience in Agile development and project management practices.
- Ability to success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and exceptional cross-team collaboration skills.
- Strong technical background and foundation in software engineering principles.
- Proficient in Azure Cloud Services.
- Ability to understand business needs and key drivers/metrics for success.
- Background in the Game industry desired but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.