|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture are our shared responsibility, because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams.
We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-use rather than reinvent. We contribute to each other’s work to make it better. We work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efﬁcient and delightful. We make to think, we prototype and test. We work from small to large screens. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
We tell compelling emotional stories to open space for innovation, win new customers and take our existing customers along. We push boundaries constantly because we believe in the magic of bold ideas. And because it’s our responsibility to strive to be best-in-class. We owe it to our company, and our customers.
Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Do you like solving tough technical problems through collaboration, strong design thinking, and excellent visual design skills? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? The Microsoft 365 Admin Design & Research Studio is a team of multidisciplinary UX designers and researchers working to make technology that integrates seamlessly into the human world. We’re at the forefront of making the next generation of IT management software for businesses across the world – and we are hiring!
This Senior Design Manager role, in the Microsoft 365 Admin Design & Research Studio, will have responsibilities for managing a small team of designers, contributing to the vision and delivering the User Experience designs for both IT Professionals and End Users in our newest cloud and virtual device management offerings.. As a Senior Design Manager for M365 Admin in the Commercial Management Experiences space, you'll be responsible for evolving and extending the Microsoft 365 experience for millions of Information Technology admins around the world, in all commercial segments from small business to enterprise to education.
All design managers in M365 Admin design studios must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, and you'll get the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
Strategy & Planning:
- Grow design’s capabilities and toolkit by pioneering new practices and methodologies
- Support design ideas through excellent influencing and communication skills
- Partner with program management and engineering to drive improvements to our product development process
- Guide designer efforts in collaboration with stakeholders to find designs optimally balancing company, stakeholder, and user needs
- Understand strategic business goals to focus work around Objectives and Key Results
- Present complex design concepts to key stakeholders and business partners
- Contribute to annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic planning in support of key objectives
- Drive UX best practices across the organization
Delivery & Execution:
- Participate in and/or facilitate design brainstorming and work sessions
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Implement and/or evolve Microsoft's visual design language (including grid, typography, color and other design-language patterns)
- Contribute to, define, and develop interaction patterns for new Endpoint Management experiences across multiple surfaces.
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality, fit and finish.
- Inspire, and work side-by-side with a diverse team of product and communication designers, design engineering, producers, UX researchers, contributing to platform-wide experiences, supporting the vision and roadmap from conception until release (and then some).
- Work alongside design leads, lead program managers, research scientists, and senior product engineering taking breakthrough ideas and turning them into human and meaningful product experiences.
- Oversee timelines and deliverables, guide production, and communicate evolving project goals
- Review design proposals to ensure that efforts are aligned with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
- Receive and prioritize incoming feature requests across assigned product areas
- Find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work
- Inspire and manage direct reports to ensure exceptional design deliverables
- Create opportunities for direct reports to grow and flourish
- Provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations and help to promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
- Attract, retain, and develop top talent
- Foster cross-functional collaboration (e.g., with Engineering and Product Management) to drive value
- Proactively identify and resolve impediments
- Guide team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks
- Deep knowledge of various design disciplines, with particular strength in UX
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in product design, HCI, interaction design, industrial design, communication design, architecture, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of lead and/or management related experience required
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Adobe XD, or other User Interface design tooling
- Must have strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of cross platform design systems and technical frameworks
- Should have a current understanding of web and mobile technology, know the constraints, be willing to push the limits and apply creative solutions that result in great user experiences.
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental engineering practices
- Ability to communicate insights effectively to all levels of stakeholders – from top executives to feature teams
- Ability to work with little initial direction, proactively communicating far and wide ensuring transparency and visibility.
- Must have a portfolio featuring platform-wide systems design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design.
Experience with IT Admin space is a plus, but not a requirement
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.