|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions.
Digital Sales is an organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Intelligent Cloud team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers and Account Executives to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud with a focus on Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Microsoft Teams engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
- Act as the key technical contact for our Digital Sales team with potential customers.
- Execute quick technical feasibility assessments and proposal developments for the customer’s identified solutions.
- Scope the technical and security design for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for the customer, build consumption plans, as well as execute limited POCs, where necessary.
- Audit and confirm implementation requirements and pricing calculations as required, so that the customer receives an accurate projection of anticipated costs.
- Contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Conduct group and one-on-one trainings across the Center on subjects of expertise.
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for net-new revenue and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics.
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor.
- 3+ years of technical sales experience or hands-on cloud deployment experience required
- 4-year degree
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the public cloud infrastructure and management space required.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive is preferred.
- Cloud application Development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred.
- Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations and management of technology.
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Application design or development
- Systems Operations / Management
- Major or minor in computer science, mathematics or engineering preferred. Experience in one of these relevant fields is a bonus, computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role.
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.