|Job Type:||Full Time|
The OXO Security team has a proven history of developing data and threat protection features that make a real difference in the realm of desktop, mobile applications, and online services. Some examples of this include the Security Policy Advisor, WDAG Office, Classification, Labeling, and Protection (CLP), Protected View sandbox, Safe Documents for Office applications, security polices, document encryption, digital signatures, Information Rights Management, and Data Loss Prevention. As threats continually evolve, so too has our team.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineering Manager to join the OXO Security team lead the team’s focus on building industry-impacting features for more than 1 billion customers around the world who rely on us to protect them from threats and keep their data secure across Office desktop (Windows & Mac), mobile clients (iOS & Android), and online services.
The ideal candidate is an experienced leader and people manager who enjoys security, thrives on addressing real world problems, and is experienced in designing scalable, componentized code. You will lead a team of software engineers at with various experience levels whose mission is to protect customers and their data from attackers.
- Leading, mentoring, and growing a team of software engineers
- Providing technical leadership for strategic initiatives and guiding the broader team
- Defining the architecture for large complex components with an emphasis on quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability
- Working with Program Management counterpart to define and design new features
- Implementing new features with high quality, validation, and robust deployment plans
- Demonstrating a passion for customers and technology
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- 10+ years of industry experience working on commercial software application or services
- 5 + years of management experience
- Track record of delivering results through leadership and collaboration.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.