|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to make a difference in a highly strategic and influential Chief of Staff position reporting to the CVP of the US Marketing and Operations organization? US M&O is a 200+ person organization with responsibility for leading both Marketing and Operations within the largest Microsoft global subsidiary. This team carries marketing and operating execution responsibility for a multi-billion dollar growing business across commercial and consumer customers for all Microsoft technologies.
This senior leadership role combines business strategy, business management, executive communications and process improvement across the US M&O and across the US Leadership Team (LT). The individual will be responsible for supporting the CVP of M&O and Leadership Team by creating and driving strategic alignment, decision making and management processes, budgeting and other key systems to enable the team to succeed against business objectives. In addition, the Business Manager will be the CVP’s Chief of Staff and have direct responsibility for cross-team projects that are critical to the success of the US business. This role offers broad exposure to the entire US Subsidiary business and will prepare him/her for larger assignments in the future.
As Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for business planning and management, business insights, business operation processes and interfaces are delivered to plan, internal and external communications for the CVP, and other key projects that support the CVP and the US M&O LT to perform their duties effectively.
- Work in close collaboration with the MSUS Chief of Staff and Business Support & Operations Lead to ensure that the executive agenda is coordinated with the Rhythm of the Business (ROB), including key business planning activities. This includes a key role in the development of our Quarterly Business Connect insights.
- Manage the agenda for the US M&O Leadership Team, including regular staff meetings and off-sites; ensure communication and coordination between teams.
- Management of both the M&O Communications and CPE Functions. This role is a people manager of both the Communications Lead and the US CPE Lead.
- Lead and coordinate with the division’s HR Business Partner to drive the people rhythm, culture and morale efforts to make the US M&O the best place to work at Microsoft.
- Identify, document, and follow-up on issues, and help drive to closure to ensure overall productivity of US M&O organization.
- Monitor business processes and lead change management where necessary to improve process efficiency across the business management community.
- Support the CVP in the alignment of strategy and execution across US M&O and broader US community.
- Lead cross-division/company initiatives and special projects on behalf of the CVP, as assigned.
- 12+ years of professional experience in marketing, finance, project management or business management
- Demonstrated experience proposing, debating and managing executive level proposals and presentations
- Creativity in solving problems and generating innovative solutions
- Strong business acumen and analytical capabilities
- Internal and external negotiations experience with ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment
- Strong project management skills: ability to drive multiple high profile projects forward, effective leverage of all resources to drive results, ability to create excellent processes
- Well-honed written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide and written presentations, create overall communication plans
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Location: Strong preference for Redmond, WA area
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.