|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Reston, Virginia, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about accelerating impact for our Defense and Intelligence customers and supporting the digital transformation of Canada and Latin America? In what is one of the most important and strategic focuses of Microsoft, we are looking for a Regional Business Leader to drive our engagement with Defense and Intelligence customers throughout the America’s region, with direct responsibility for Canada & Latin America, while liaising closely with the US.
About the Organization:
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government, both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence, and education. The Public Sector team engages with our customers of all sizes to support their missions and help them empower citizens and societies.
The WWPS Defense and Intelligence mission is to deliver market leading capabilities across the national security spectrum, with products, services, and partner solutions. This to enable a safer, more secure world. The D&I team is a strategic arm for accelerating consumption within the Microsoft Cloud.
About the Regional Business Leader Role:
This is a critical role, supporting transformative engagements with senior officials, through leading sales opportunities for our customers and partners. You will report into the Worldwide Defense and Intelligence Industry lead and focus on supporting the sales leaders across the region. Leveraging deep industry and sales expertise, the Regional Business Leader will enable our sales teams and partners to deliver relevant, high-quality solutions and services to empower our defense and intelligence customers to lead digital transformation in their regions. Working closely with corporate teams, as well as teams in each of the subsidiaries, you will engage deeply to build trusted relationships with our most important accounts and deliver thought leadership to the sector.
We are looking for someone with a tenacious passion for Defense and Intelligence, combined with strong sales leadership experience and understanding of the Defense and Intelligence industry.
What you will be doing:
- Meet all global sales targets aligned to fiscal year priorities across revenue, device activations and productivity usage
- Drive sales excellence of the Defense and Intelligence regional vertical as well as dotted line sales leadership of Defense and Intelligence field sellers in the region
- Assess and improve industry acumen through direct engagement and coaching with Field leadership and other regional/area resources to enable a more customer industry aligned approach across the buying scenarios
- Actively represent the company’s viewpoint in key regional Industry events and provide executive sponsorship of key strategic accounts
- Drive engagement with account teams across the most strategic Defense and Intelligence accounts in region
- Coach and drive regional digital win room opportunities; triage, approve and escalate top deals
- Aggregate regional insights on their respective industries, amplify best practice sharing, and deepen industry capability talent in each area
- Spot regional industry specific barriers to sales/consumption, and provide guidance & support to local teams; prioritize and escalate issues and executive requests
- Deliver feedback to HQ on solution performance, solution maps and product/service capability and gaps
- Partner closely with business groups and product teams to accelerate market dynamics and ensure trusted, compliant, engagements
- Extend partner channel and solution portfolio in America’s markets. Recruit and retain new partners across the spectrum of the Defense and Intelligence business
- Present as a leading influencer in Defense and Intelligence industry events, elevating Microsoft’s market perception/thought leadership in market
What we are looking for:
- 15+ years experience in senior sales roles, including sales leadership with Defense and Intelligence experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Defense and Intelligence segment
- Experience managing against, and exceeding sales targets, driving pipeline, and developing transformation plans for customers.
- Exceptional presentation skills and storytelling capability to deliver keynotes with large audiences
- Demonstrable international experience collaborating and influencing across multiple stakeholder groups. Ability to work successfully across a complex, highly-matrixed environment, building strong partnerships across organizational lines.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Passion and proven record for execution with measurable results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead international cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity
- Demonstrated strong capability in verbal, written, and presentation communications skills across a geographically dispersed audience
- MBA preferred but not required
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect travel, contingent on Covid-19, between 25 – 50%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.