|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we believe in the transformational power of design: innovation only happens when we really make things simple and fluid, and the UX disappears behind the achievements of our customers. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a designer who’s driven by empathy for customers, and the need to know how to serve them better. And we need you right now, because we’re building one of the fastest-growing, highest-impact technologies in the world today.
Cloud + AI Design Studios is looking for a design superfan. You’re a motivated, creative interaction designer who’s obsessed with understanding customers, beautifully clear experiences, and the unlimited potential of the cloud. You’ll work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver the next generation of experiences for Microsoft Azure. You bring your skills to your fellow design collaborators with optimism, a retractable ego, and an open mind.
In our team, we believe in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas, work / life balance, and the joy of solving challenging problems. We help large enterprises use Azure however and wherever they need it: in the cloud, on the edge, all at huge scale. We strive for a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish and innovate, including in our own approaches to the ever-changing global climate. Join us, and you’ll be a part of a passionate community of UX professionals, working on one of the most exciting and fastest growing products at Microsoft!
As a designer on our team, you will be responsible for delivering design and innovation across one or more facets of the design process, including sketching, prototyping, storyboarding, information architecture, interaction design, and usability. You will leverage and contribute to Azure design patterns. You will work in an iterative manner, scoping and prioritizing work across multiple projects. You will be an advocate for the user and champion industry-leading, inclusive, and user-centered design practices.
We’re a fast-growing team and we want people who bring all kinds of experience to the table. If our list of qualifications doesn’t quite match yours, don’t let that discourage you. Apply anyway! We want talented, passionate designers to help point the way to the future of computing. If that’s you, let’s go.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. user experience, HCI, graphic) or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design, and/or visual design
- Proven record of having an impact on products with design and user experience activities
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about working in a complex product space
- A high quality portfolio is critical to interview for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation. Your portfolio should demonstrate a blend of interaction and visual design reflecting your skills and work experience
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make compelling and clear design presentations
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other design artifacts
- Ability to work independently through ambiguous situations, and in undefined product areas and features
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.