|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. The mission of the Flipgrid Team is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers tens of millions of learners,familiesand organizations across 180 countries. Check out @flipgrid on Twitter!
Based on those efforts, we are broadening beyond education to commercial and consumer experiences to shape social learning through authentic discussion and short-form video at Microsoft and beyond.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
As aService Engineer, you will be an integral part oftheFlipgridOrganization.The ideal candidate should be able to quicklymake an impact byadvancing theFlipgridteam by providingrapid and thorough information technologysupportand software development support.
- Provide day-to-day technology and operational support for theFlipgridteam.
- Workwith cross-org stakeholders to deliver critical servicesand tools.
- Support organization-wide engineering efforts by planning and deliveringnecessarytools and services.
- Provisionstaffcomputer systems.
- Setup, distribute, andmaintain testing equipment.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties.
- Onboard newFlipgridteam members into internal Microsoft &Flipgridsystems.
- Workwith new and emerging technologies to empower theFlipgridteam.
- Follow best practicesaround security, documentation, and communication.
- Evaluate, provision, and maintain technology services and systems used byFlipgridstaff.
- Workwith central Microsoft support teams to troubleshoot andtriageservice issues.
- A self-motivated and self-directed work ethic.
- A strong working knowledgeofinformation technologyoperations.
- 2+ years of experience delivering technology support toabusiness/team.
- Understanding and experience in core business infrastructure areas – Monitoring, Active Directory, VPN, DNS, SMTP, Single Sign-On, O365.
- 2+ yearsofexperience supporting physical technology infrastructure (networking,server room,UPS,audio, video)
- Strong working knowledge debugging issues with Windows/Mac systems.
Bonus credit for:
- Experience with Azure or AWS.
- Experience with software development.
- Strong working knowledgeof technology infrastructure build-out for office spaces.
- Backgroundsupportingdistributed teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.