|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. We are seeking a key contributor to the HoloLens product line, establishing the product roadmap, growing the commercial business, and ensuring customer success, across hardware, software, and commercial deployments.
Our products move beyond sensors, screens and pixels to create new realities and insights aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, a veteran mechanic helping a trainee across the world, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. We’re creating products that blend hardware, computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. From HoloLens to virtual reality headsets to the Mixed Reality Services that power them all, we’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path. We believe there must be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Successful candidates will have strong product or program management experience, including a proven ability to drive clarity & alignment of product strategy and execution, experience in working directly with customers to build partnerships and solicit actionable feedback, and a passion for commercial product development. If you have experience and passion in mixed reality or augmented reality devices, hardware product design, or commercial deployment technologies (MDM, identity, security, app management), please apply.
- Understand our customers, their industries, and their business needs to drive insights within the product team.
- Turn insights into requirements that define the HoloLens roadmap, product, and execution tactics.
- Identify market opportunities and partner with Hardware, Software, Marketing, Sales, and Business Planning to turn ideas into reality on the ground.
- Flexibility and aptitude to lead technical planning and execution to market development, depending on the product need and lifecycle stage.
- Communicate with clarity and precision to influence team members and leadership teams to achieve product objectives.
- 6+ years of Product Management or Program Management experience.
- Experience in mixed reality or augmented reality device development, mobile hardware product design, or commercial deployment technologies (MDM, identity, security, app management)
- Experience across the complete product cycle, from initial design to technical execution through post-release support, and across business and engineering functions.
- Experience in driving customer conversations to solicit actionable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, synthesizing complex technical and business concepts into clear, insightful messages.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.