|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting, brand new Azure services at Microsoft? Are you looking for unlimited growth opportunities? Does creating, shaping, and growing an Azure service from the ground up excite you? Do you have a passion for technology and an obsession for customers? Does strategic, global impact get you excited?
Microsoft is building Azure to be world’s computer to tackle the hardest problems on the planet. Core to the success of this mission is that every customer, in every industry can adopt Azure to further their mission. The Azure Global Engineering Team is at the center of this mission, building hyperscale cloud infrastructure around the world to support commercial industry and government adopt cloud for their most complex workloads.
Azure is seeking a talented, highly motivated PM to drive our Azure Secure Data Transfer solutions. This individual will work closely with software engineering peers, operations, and Azure Global Leadership to drive the engineering of solutions and technology as well as being actively engaged on partnerships, customer engagement and new business opportunities.
You will be required to develop new functionality, ensure the service is robust, and lead multiple customer-facing efforts working closely with various agencies in government. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to build and leverage your strong understanding of Azure, Microsoft services and/or technical approaches to further develop and evolve an important service for Azure.
As a Senior PM, you will be responsible for being an expert in your product, work with customers to understand their needs, and help define the technical roadmap to ensure our future service meets those needs. Turn problem of today into features of tomorrow. As a part of a growing team, your responsibilities will include:
- Product Strategy: You will be a part of a team focused on understanding customer needs and turning those needs in to new capabilities for our service.
- Customer Relationship and Incident Management: You will be the primary interface to existing customer teams. You will demonstrate technical mastery of our product and be a point of contact for issues they face. You will track customer issues over time, ensure their expectations are being met, and coordinate with the rest of the team to ensure issues be being resolved.
- Operations and Incident Management: You will be responsible for coordinating and maturing the management of incidents related to our service. This will require collaborative approach across teams to resolve incidents and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communications: You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining regular communications about the status of our product and upcoming developments. In addition, you will be able to conduct insightful conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft.
- Team Collaboration: You will inspire and work with a talented and diverse group of PMs, Developers, and internal teams that rely on our services to be successful.
- Collaboration: Great collaborator, able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Cultural Leadership: Ability and passion to lead cultural initiatives, having positive impact on team morale and fostering an environment of inclusion.
- 4+ years of software development or cloud architecture experience.
- Knowledge of security technologies, techniques, monitoring systems and/or security remediation techniques.
- Confidence and presence in the face of customers given that you will be representing Microsoft with in key strategic situations.
- Expert collaborator across Microsoft to get what you need for our Secure Data Transfer solution for customers to be successful and have a high-quality service experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government TS/SCI clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
- Problem solver.
- Executive presence with demonstrated deep engagement with senior level customers and decision makers.
- Be able to ramp quickly to understand and solve complex problems. This might be integration of technologies or environmental issues that are blocking a scenario for a customer.
- Previous experience and success in an engineering role where you delivered inbox or cloud services.
- Good experience of engineering practices and engaging engineering teams so that you can express and drive new feature requirements in Azure.
- Ability to leverage telemetry and diagnostics to derive insights that add value to our operations.
- Examples of bringing new approaches or different ways of doing things to an existing problem space.
- Excellent Communication Skills and Situational Awareness. You will be working closely with other product group people across Microsoft (Directors, Group Managers etc.) you will also work closely with customer leadership, engineers, and system administrators. You will have to be able to adjust your approach to the specific audience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.