|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Sphere team is looking for a Program Manager to help build the IoT Operating System of the Future (and now!). The Azure Sphere Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) PM team helps define and drive our hardware abstraction layer to continuously improve the maintainability of our OS and the speed in which we can support new silicon options. We’re looking for a PM that is excited to dive deep into the OS and silicon and help plan, gather requirements, prioritize, define functionality, and drive execution. It is a role that requires excellence in strategic/technical thinking and cross-team interactions across engineering, with key stakeholders, product planning, and customers. Key characteristics of a PM for this role include a relentless drive for results and being a strong collaborator who can build relationships through trust, design software fearlessly, and engage intentionally with kindness and inclusivity.
Billions of MCU based devices are shipped every year, and the Azure Sphere team is building a turnkey secure platform (Silicon, OS, and Services) for the Internet of things. Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to MCU based devices, and Azure Sphere will safeguard that future! Our team members have unparalleled opportunity to rapidly learn new skill sets, build pioneering solutions, and get exposure to a wide array of technologies. To learn more about this exciting new project, please visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
- Establish goals, gather requirements, set clear expectations, prioritize, and follow through to completion within a cross-functional team.
- Create strategic roadmaps for the Azure Sphere Operating System.
- Negotiate between engineering, product planning, and customers to build a short and long-term deliver plans.
- Define exit criteria and validate end-to-end scenarios related to product functionality.
- BA/BS or MS Degree preferrably with a STEM or IT Concentration or 4 or more years of equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in technical Program or Project Management or similar role.
- Experience with IoT and/or embedded development.
- Experience with OS internals including low level driver development.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.