|Job Type:||Full Time|
Officeisa fast-moving, modern service that delivers mobility of experience across all endpoints.We arechanging rapidly, transformingourcodebase into a collection of services and client applications that deliver modern productivity and collaborationexperiencesacross a member network.
The Office Engineering team is at the heart ofthisinnovation, focusingon:
- Making it efficient for developers to deliver new experiences across all platforms rapidly - fixes within hours, new features on a weeklycadence.
- Driving the Security Development Lifecycle across Office and defining how program managers, designers, and softwareengineersapproach and think about security in thisevolving fast pacedworld.
- Enabling developers to build services thatare on by defaultin the big Office apps while transforming the codebase to become better componentized and easier toreuse.
- Ensuring that the Office products and services we ship to customers meet the highest industry standards and certificationsthat ourcustomersrequire,putting us ahead of ourcompetition.
- Modernizing the toolset that Office engineers use and,in collaboration with other Engineering teams at Microsoft,building One Engineering System (1ES) to make developers more efficient and satisfied.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Program Manager to help us ensure that Office products meetindustry and Microsoft-specificcompliance and security requirements, with the least overheadonour engineering teams. With our motto being “Engineers Code – Compliance Happens”,wefocus on providing the right guidance, documentation, tools,automationandvisibilitytoOffice engineering teams, to help them shipcompliant and secureproducts,with minimalor, ideally,noimpact on their productivity.The ideal candidate willdemonstrateinitiative, strong problem solving, collaboration and influencing skills to help us deliver large scale projects that will positively impact thousands of Office engineers.We value passion, creativity, desire to learn new complex areas,agilityand accountability. This is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of Office for Microsoft.
- Developing strong partnerships with engineers acrossOfficeto gain a deep understanding of how they get their work done.
- Establishingand fosteringa self-service infrastructure and culture, whereengineering teams can get guidance, advice and supporton security and compliance topicsthrough a series ofmechanisms(wiki, forum,community, champs)
- Identifyingsecurity and compliance patterns and designingand drivingthe implementation of tools,platformsand automation to helpmake security and compliance as transparent as possible for our engineeringteams.
- MaintainingM365’s leading positionin the security and compliance space, by ensuringall requirements are met and proactively reaching out to teams thatneedsupport.
- Helping the Office organizationmaintaina rapidly shipping, highly accountable form of agiledevelopmentwhere engineers make continuous low-debt improvements,while meetingsecurity and compliance requirements.
- Keepingup-to-datewithsecurity and compliancebest practices, technologies and techniques across the industry and cross-group within Microsoft.
- Driving alignment with, and pushing Office requirements to, the One Microsoft Engineering vision.
- Experience with industry audits (SOC, FedRAMP, ISO, etc.)
- Proven technical skills and independence
- Excellent cross-discipline leadership, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to lead, drive change and influence without authority across groups
- Experience leading with and making decisions based on data and metrics
- Experience defining, measuring, innovating and driving change in large-scale software products and systems such as Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate business problems, alternatives, and product strategy
- Ability to concisely frame problems and design simple solutions
- 7+ years of experience working in the software industry
Our team values a friendly atmosphere with passion for improving engineering practices along with building excellent products. We believe strongly that empathy and communication skills are key to our success.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.