|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Cloud Data Sciences team is a multi-disciplinary data sciences team focused on the success of Microsoft Cloud customers and partners. Our analysis services and machine learning models answer key questions about cloud adoption across Microsoft, inform internal business decisions, and help our customers and partners realize the full potential of the cloud. We do this with a team of people with diverse perspectives and backgrounds who continually identify points of engagement, measure outcomes, learn from our customers and partners, and improve business models and services. In this way, we make data-driven insights actionable with changes to Microsoft Cloud products and services to make them easier to use, understand, and learn about. The institutional knowledge we build as a result amplifies our impact across Microsoft to help make customer and partner success our success.
We are hiring a Director of Business Management to support the Vice President and the leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for business strategy and operations, creating and managing the rhythm of the business (RoB), delivering specific projects and initiatives, and driving business processes, procedures, and communications. In this role you will be a member of the leadership team and a key factor in our success.
- Strategy: Facilitate the conversations and partner with the leadership team (LT) to articulate objectives, key results and deliverables. Measure the outcomes relative to those stated goals. Partner with key stakeholders across Microsoft Cloud Organizations to ensure the MCDS team is well represented across all relevant org wide deliverables and processes e.g. C+AI Pillar reviews
- Team Operations: Focus on effective collaboration, increased productivity and overall organizational performance by driving the overall rhythm of the business (ROB), including All-Hands meetings, LT and extended LT (XLT) meetings, monthly business reviews, offsites and other team events
- Communications: Work with the VP and the LT to develop presentations and messaging relating to the team’s mission, its key projects, people development efforts, and team culture initiatives. Create and drive a rhythm for both team and external to team communications from the LT
- Financial Health: In partnership with C+E Financial Operations and the LT, ensure that the financial planning and ongoing management processes (budget, LRP, forecasting, monthly flash monitoring) are well-run and completed in a timely fashion. Manage headcount at the individual position number level in partnership with the Executive Admin. Identify and bring to the LT attention any risks and opportunities to the optimal use of vendor budget across the team
- Additional special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree (MBA preferred) 10+ years of business experience in disciplines such as marketing, finance, planning, operations, change management, transformation, or communications, preferably with experience working in an engineering or technology organization. Regardless of your background, you should have the following skills:
- High energy, continuous learner and self-starter able to multi-task and effectively manage priorities and able to reprioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives
- Great at collaboration and building strong working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Proven successful experience managing complex projects with dependencies across multiple organizations.
- Maintain high standards of operational excellence, meeting deadlines and delivering results.
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with an ability to think “big picture” and adept at translating information into insights that drive quantifiable business impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and executive maturity
- Good judgment, personal accountability, high integrity – can be a trusted advisor to senior leaders.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.