|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune and Configuration Manager) touches 200 million endpoints and users around the world every day. Organizations around the world depend on our management system for their PCs, Macs, iOS and Android devices. Our team’s mission is to enable and delight the information workers of the world while providing the level of security and access that IT organizations need to protect their businesses. We operate a service-at-scale today that is vital (an “Oxygen” service) for tens-of-thousands of organizations with hundreds of millions of users.
The Microsoft Intune team delivers mobile device management, mobile application management and desktop computer management solutions from the Azure cloud. Intune securely manages Windows, iOS, and Android from a single, unified mobile solution. Organizations that utilize Intune allow employees to access corporate applications, data, and resources from virtually anywhere.
Intune is part of the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Suite (EMS) and Microsoft 365, which is one of the fastest growing enterprise services within Microsoft. We’re looking for a new engineering leader to join the team. If you can coach and mentor a team of engineers, help them learn and grow, foster in them a culture of inclusion, and lead them to successfully deliver software sprint after sprint, all the while learning how to be a better leader and manager yourself, this might be the job for you.
In this role, you will develop and manage a platform to augment the built in MDM capabilities across all device platforms - and deliver a flexible, extensible, robust and efficient channel for client management with customer delighting features built on top of this platform.
- Bring clarity, create energy, and drive results – you’ll set a vision, rally the team behind it, and deliver for our customers
- Demonstrate the Microsoft manager attributes of coach, model, and care with the engineers on your team so they all learn, grow, and succeed.
- Plan and prioritize work for your team, including collaborating with partner organizations.
- Create an inclusive environment that attracts and retains high-performing engineers.
- Constantly learn and grow as an engineer and an engineering leader.
You are a great fit for this role if:
- You have at least 1 year of experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results – it’s preferred that this is as a direct manager, but we also want to talk to those that have led as a recognized technical lead
- You have 10+ years of industry software engineering experience, including delivering highly available cloud-based services
- You are a strong collaborator - you can explain your work, you ask great questions, you listen to your peers and your customers, and you like to give and receive feedback.
- You understand that it’s not enough to write working code. It must also be well-designed, secure, easy to test, easy to monitor in the cloud, and easy to add to over time.
- You are willing to leverage and build on top of the work of others to quickly meet customers’ and engineers’ needs – including adopting standard cloud capabilities and toolsets
- You can meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements that are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.