|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Working with other engineers to design, test and debug complex hardware technologies for product development.
- Developing software for manufacturing, system bring-up, validation and system evaluation.
- Learn, analyze and work with new interfaces and subsystems, break down
- complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Uses statistical analysis to identify highly complex problems or flaws that may affect a range of feature or product design changes. Identifies possible solutions to novel and complex problems.
- 6+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of core engineering principles and analysis techniques.
- Intimate knowledge of C/C++ and solid understanding/experience in scripting languages (Perl, Python, PowerShell).
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Must have strong communication skills, good organization and an ability to work with minimum supervision
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Familiarity with camera or WiFi related technology
- Experience with product testing
- Knowledge of high-volume consumer electronics design and manufacturing is desired.
- Excellent debugging skills.
This position requires access to export-controlled information, hardware, software, or services. Candidates must have U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or be eligible to receive a U.S. Government export authorization. If the candidate will require a U.S. Government export authorization, any offer of employment for this position is contingent upon Microsoft receiving approval for that authorization from the U.S. Government.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.