|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Color Scientist/Image Science Engineer to join the Team. The position is for a Color Scientist/Display Engineer to support the development of display calibrations processes and solutions. This position is within a highly skilled team of optical design and test engineers. The work is in a collaborative team environment, so the ability to communicate well with other team members and to support overall team goals are crucial.
As a key member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Develop calibration processes associated with display technologies and Image Quality
- Develop image processing algorithms to measure Image Quality performance
- Collaborate with engineers, optical engineers, MFG engineers to determine calibration and analysis solutions in support of MFG, verification and validation
- BS in Color Science, Math, Physics, or related field, or Masters with equivalent product experience
- Expertise in Applied Colorimetry, Photometry, and Display Image Quality
- Experience deploying display color calibration and verification algorithms for product manufacturing
- Coding skills in C/C++, Python, or JMP
- Experience developing image processing and analysis methods using MATLAB
- Must have good communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward defined tasks and priorities within a team environment
- Good organizational skills and capacity for multitasking and effective prioritization in a fast-paced development environment
- Familiarity with source control and programming best practices
- Working knowledge of optics and optical metrology
- Electrical and Mechanical aptitude
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.