|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work efficiently, smarter, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft’s government business continues to grow in innovative and exciting ways. Are you interested in helping to drive programs across the enterprise that will accelerate Microsoft’s digital transformation? Do you have experience in large-scale global implementations for multi-billion-dollar businesses? If yes, then this position will allow you to broaden your expertise and grow your career alongside a growing portfolio for Microsoft.
Our team builds and operates Microsoft's SAP platform, along with a portfolio of first-party and third-party applications and services, and is leading work to create a blueprint for the industry to drive business results through SAP on Azure. As a Principal PM Lead on our team you will define and build features that enable critical Microsoft business processes and inform our overall strategy for making Azure the best place for companies to run SAP.
In this role, you will engage multiple engineering and business stakeholders to ensure we implement the right scenarios, features, and capabilities to drive a growing Microsoft Federal portfolio. We are a data-driven team with a clear focus on our customers and their needs, and are looking for a passionate, creative, and analytical leader. The ideal candidate possesses strong program management skills, is experienced leading projects with complex dependencies, has a well-rounded technical background, and has demonstrated a proven ability to coordinate across teams. You will collaborate closely with our customers, partners, and end users to design and deliver world class systems and experiences that help manage cost, quality, and enterprise scale workloads.
The ideal candidate will love taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person will have an infectious and relentless pursuit of growth and improvement both for themselves as well as their solutions.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Lead a great team of Program Managers, creating an inclusive environment and engaging team members to deliver results
- Build and grow team capabilities and capacity through coaching and mentoring
- Engage directly with key customers and stakeholders to understand their pain points and opportunities and ensure we’re delivering the right outcomes
- Lead planning, design, and execution collaboration across organizations and feature teams
- Measure, understand, and improve our product offering applying strategic understanding of the timing and rationale for design choices
- Anticipate, identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and issues
- Drive thought leadership and showcase how to implement world class business platforms on Azure
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Design, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 10 years' minimum experience in Program or Product Management
- US Citizenship
- 3 years' minimum experience as a manager
- Excellent communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executives
- Track record of developing teams and individuals to achieve more
- Success in driving collaboration across organizational boundaries
- Strong passion for customers and delivering the right outcomes
- Proven track record of delivering complex, high-scale systems or platforms that meet evolving business requirements
- Experience with a metrics-driven mindset; ability to experiment, learn, and improve
- Experience working with the Government either directly or as a partner/customer
- Experience with SAP is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.