|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about accelerating impact for our Public Sector business and supporting citizens and the digital transformation of countries around the world? If so the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team is growing and we’re looking for talented, experienced professionals with a passion for helping our Public Sector customers.
About the Organization:
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence and education.
About the Role:
The Worldwide Public Sector Rhythm of Business Lead is responsible for running WWPS Rhythm of Connection (RoC), balancing performance improvement with opportunity acceleration, promoting a culture of constructive review, consistency and predictability and integrating into existing rhythms rather than adding new ones. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing the Public Sector Field Leader Community, building, and executing role priorities, providing community leadership readiness, and orchestration for Public Sector Leaders across Microsoft’s Enterprise Business. You will partner closely with key stakeholders in the field organization, Worldwide Commercial Business, WW Learning, Talent Management, Marketing & Operations, and Incentive Compensation to prioritize requirements and execution.
This is a high-profile role due to managing one of the most strategic roles in the Enterprise business. You will be the role leader and will have high profile with the Public Sector Leader Community field sales leadership and leaders across the organization. This new role will be critical in providing business insights and actionable feedback from the field teams to Worldwide Public Sector leadership.
This Rhythm of Business (RoB) Leader reports into the Strategy & Operations (S&O) team and has primary accountabilities to:
- Manage the Area Connection Calls (ACC), Monthly Business Review (MBR), and Quarterly Business Connection (QBC) with necessary preparation meetings and pre-read materials to drive one version of the truth on key cross-subsidiary priorities. Measures of success: Well executed QBC with positive feedback from PSLs
- Support the WWPS quarterly business reviews across the priority technical solution areas, Virtual Solution Unit (VSU), rhythm with relevant data packs, orchestration, and planning. Measures of success: Well executed VSU rhythm with positive feedback from PS Leaders
- Manage WWPS scorecard including target setting, adjustment windows, monthly tracking of performance and correction of errors Measures of success: Signed-off segment breakdown of scorecard metrics with regular tracking of attainment & executive summaries.
A key success factor for the role will be the ability to effectively partner across Microsoft, defining role priorities, orchestration, sales process and provide input to our sales tools and reporting engines.
What you will be doing:
- Establishing and running Public Sector Leader community as a two-way communication channel, leveraging existing communities by industry, geo, sector, or segment.
- Identifying, coaching, and nurturing talent in the field community, partnering with Human Resources and local field leadership to develop people and skillsets.
- Providing insights and feedback across Microsoft on Public Sector Leader performance and build strategy and plans to improve
- Supporting strategy development for future account team design in Strategic and Major Enterprise Accounts
- Ensuring strong alignment and collaboration with the role owners inside the field and beyond to foster a common execution strategy.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of recent sales operations and/or business performance management experience within a related Industry (e.g., Government, Defense, Education, or Healthcare)
- Experience designing, building, and executing highly successful programs at scale.
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate, and influencer
- Strong communication, community and program management skills and experience
- Strategy and business performance management experience preferred
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent required - MBA desirable
- Experience of working at senior levels across Microsoft, Partners and/or customers highly desirable
Location: You may be based anywhere in the United States, with a preference for Redmond, WA / HQ.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.