|Location:||Chevy Chase, Maryland, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
As Microsoft boldly proclaims a mission of empowerment, our Industry footprint is where the impact will be felt most. The Regulated Industry organization serves 5 core Industries in the United States (U.S.) - Federal Government, Financial Services, State and Local Government, Healthcare and Education – supporting customers on their digital ambitions across the U.S. and around the globe. As Microsoft continues to grow and win successively larger Prime Contractor Programs, our Regulated Industries Team needs Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) to work with data and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions.
The CSA is a mix of a hands-on, highly technical role and a strategic enablement role; accountable for working with Microsoft’s Customers to help architect and develop complex end-to-end Data & AI solutions, and to accelerate and expand technical enablement execution across our Data & AI Partner ecosystem.
In this role, you will own technical enablement strategy and engagement; working directly with a cross group and Partners to identify, qualify, architect, and help develop Data & AI solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer/partner facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior executives to drive key decisions and implementation.
- Drive sponsored enablement strategy across technical engagements to reinforce successful outcomes between Partners and Microsoft
- Drive the deployment of solutions onto the Azure platform by working with a cross group and Partners to envision, architect, and help build solutions
- Understand Customer’s business requirements, challenge assumptions to motivate change, identify, validate, and grow opportunities, in partnership with other Microsoft teams to deliver tangible business value
- Strong thought leadership and collaboration with Engineering, Business Groups, Selling Teams, Learning & Readiness, and Executives
- Maintain deep technical expertise in AI technologies; understanding market trends in target industry, competitive insights, and industry regulatory/compliance requirements
- Establish relationships with key technical and non-technical decision makers to help drive long-term cloud adoption to resolve business problems and develop impactful solutions
- Direct collaboration with Solution Area Leads to reinforce targeted partner profiles, differentiated partner expertise, and a fast path to strategic partner share
- Deep understanding of Data, BI, ML & AI technologies, with the technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth in two or more of the following areas: Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Governance, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- 5+ years of experience in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required
- 2+ years of experience working on relational databases like SQL Server/ Oracle/ MySQL/ PostgreSQL/ Aurora/ Teradata/ Netezza/ Redshift etc
- 1+ years of experience working on NoSQL systems like Cosmos DB/ Dynamo DB/ Cassandra/ MongoDB etc
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position
- Federal Industry experience required
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.