|Location:||Cambridge, Massachusetts, New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Technical Program Manager
Are you a cloud engineer who sees the big picture? Do you have the insight necessary to craft a vision and guide an engineering team in the right direction? Do you love finding simple, elegant solutions for complex technical problems? Do you want to learn newtechevery day? If so, theTechnical Program Manager role in Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering (CSE)may be a good fit for you!
Workingside-by-sidewith customer engineers, our team helps Azure customers overcome technical challenges, build trust, and grow confidence by coding directly with them. We run short-term Azure-focused engagements that help customers become more agile and deploy high-quality code into production much more quickly. Not only does this approach work, it's fun, and we learn every day.
In this role, you partner with teams of Microsoft developers ("crews") to define and execute customer engagements and OSS projects. Your primary responsibility is understanding how we can best help our customers andmakingsure the right solution is built. As the Scrum Product Owner, you represent the project vision by crafting and prioritizing user stories in the project backlog.
Successful Dev Crews PMs have good social skills, are passionate about working with cloud technology, have strong engineering backgrounds, know how to create and deliver high-impact, reusable software artifacts, and are excited to get results with, and through, diverse teams of world-class software engineers. Our PMs are self-starters who continually sharpen and deepen their hands-on technical skills, and they embrace ambiguity as an opportunity to lead and setdirectionfor the team and themselves.
Key responsibilities for Technical Program Managers:
- Build trust for Azure as a product, and Microsoft as a company, with Microsoft largest, most important customers.
- Collaborate with Microsoft and customer engineers to build elegant and practical solutions to real-world challenges.
- Act as Product Owner (PO) for customer &open sourceengineering projects.
- Partner with technical specialists, Microsoft product teams, partners, andopen sourcecommunities to empower customers to do more with Azure.
- Identify emerging patterns while developing new capabilities.
- Cultivate partnership and trust within agile teams ofcustomerand Microsoft engineers.
- Scope engineering engagements to generate immediate customer value and maximize long-term reuse potential.
- Help build and maintain a portfolio ofOpen SourceSoftware (OSS) projects.
- Participate in hands-on coding activities to maintain up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Understand common cloud architecture patterns and trade-offs, best practices for cloud engineering, developer productivity issues, etc.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that embraces inclusivity and diversity.
Here are some of the qualities and experiences we are looking for:
- At least 3+years experiencein software engineering in a technical program/product owner or developer role.
- At least 3+years experienceworking with cloud computing technologies.
- You should self-identify as a technical program/product manager with a passion for cloud technologies.
- Previous experience as a technical program/product manager.
- Track record of working closely with agile and diverse engineering teams.
- Comfort with a command line and OSS software.
- Understanding of cloud and other computing technologies, including business drivers and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed teams.
- Self-starter who likes tackling new challenges and working independently.
- Abilityto build relationships with senior technical and business leaders.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability including fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time. Mosttravelisregional, but there are occasional international trips.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/ora reasonableaccommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via theAccommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.