|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position may be based in Reston, VA or Redmond, WA.
Core Platform Services builds, manages and supports the foundation platform services for the Azure Cloud. We are passionate about what we do and improving the experience for our partners. Our team members have expertise in Microsoft Windows Server services and functionality. We build automation around OS deployment, patching, data distribution, and virtualization technologies. If you are passionate about growing your skills and working with a great engineering team to support the cloud, we want you!
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining services across our global infrastructure
- Support CPS customers as a member of our 24X7X365 support team
- Improve processes and services through automation of functions and deployment of new solutions
- Build close working relationships with our partner engineering teams and provide excellent support and communications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years Windows Server experience
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work through challenging issues in essential services
- Experience with managing Microsoft services leveraging PowerShell, VBS, and other scripting languages
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Passion for understanding and improving their skills and knowledge while working to understand and be able to troubleshoot, large, complex systems, and improving overall system productivity
- Excellent collaboration skills within and across teams
- Automation experience through use of scripting, templates, and deployment
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.