|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft Services is looking for experienced industry professionals with Azure Infrastructure as a Service solutions experience, who are interested becoming a Senior Consultant in our Services Delivery Organization. In the consultant role, you will help us design and build the next generation of Azure-based Solutions for our customers. If you're interested in joining a broader Azure team and if you're an enthusiastic advocate of cutting-edge technology with a background in designing or developing cloud solutions --this would be a great opportunity for you! You may have the chance to apply your skills to Microsoft's key customers and develop your career within our organization and across the wider IT industry.
As a Senior Consultant, you will architect, design, and deliver technical solutions to customers, allowing them to maximize their investment in Azure and other Microsoft technologies. As a senior, you will be leading projects with the potential of having additional consultants on the project. In support of our customers, you may have access to the Microsoft Product Group and a global network of subject matter experts. You can work and grow in a continuous learning environment that is Microsoft, a global leader in a "Mobile First, Cloud First" world. You may help businesses around the world accelerate the benefits they derive from Microsoft products and technologies as they undergo their Digital Transformation.
- Should be highly credible with demonstrable ability to solve business problems and be able to explain the benefits to the customer, ranging from business value realization to mastering deep technical explanations
- Passion for customers, learning, proven ability to be client focused, results-focused, proactive, collaborative and confident under pressure
- Experience in team leadership, working with project management/project stakeholders
- Strong time, project, and priority management skills
- Demonstrable experience of working face-to-face at varying levels within organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Passion for mentoring, training peers and sharing knowledge
- Great communication skills, presentation skills, written skills, customer/partner relationships and expectations management
- Availability to travel up to 25% is an integral part of this job
We understand and appreciate varied technical backgrounds, but prioritize the skills listed below to support our delivery needs:
- A minimum of 4 years of Technical proficiency in Microsoft Azure Infrastructure services management preferred
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Design/Deploy Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Cyber Strategy; able to explain NIST cybersecurity framework, Identity/security: authentication. cloud identity services, identity strategy, and on-premises identity services
A successful candidate will possess many of the following experiences, capabilities and skills to:
- Design and implement private, public and/or hybrid cloud solutions.
- Design, implement, and secure resources including Azure Active Directory, Azure App Service Apps and Virtual Networks.
- Experience designing networking and security solutions.
- Experience creating and managing Azure Resource Manager (ARM) virtual machines.
- Experience designing and implementing simple to complex storage strategies.
- Experience designing a solution for management, automation, monitoring, and business continuity.
- Experience collaborating in independently or across diverse solution delivery teams.
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing physical and virtual datacenters.
- An understanding of core networking, storage, compute and security concepts.
- Experience harvesting or re-using intellectual documentation on customer projects.
- Deep understanding of Windows Server 2012 - 2016, Hyper-V, MS Cluster Server/Multi-vendor Cluster, Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, Internet Explorer, IIS, SQL
- Experience giving presentations to technical/executive audiences, explaining cloud infrastructure solution concepts and benefits
- Excellent written skills including Statements of Work and other pre-sales activity
- Be able to pass following Azure Certifications in the first 12 months of employment: AZ104 or AZ500
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.