Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Residing within the Corporate Planning team, play a critical role in the consolidation of financial reporting.
- Provide financial and business analysis support.
How You’ll Do It
- Prepare consolidated financial reporting to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for consolidation of total company forecast through partnership with Line of Business Finance and financial systems.
- Partner with Line of Business Finance to report on actual results and variances to forecast.
- Develop and enhance financial models. Improve forecasting accuracy and drive business insights.
- Provide management with strategic advice and financial analyses for investment decisions, pricing changes, and channel and segment expansions.
- Perform competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
- Translate business opportunities and issues into financial analyses.
- Develop business cases with recommendations to management.
- Develop profitability analyses and projections for marketing and customer segments, if applicable.
- Analyze customer behaviors and product profitability trends to understand financial implications and influence actions, if applicable.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Master's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Corporate Planning, Consolidations or FP&A
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.