Last updated 8 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is seeking a Director of Corporate Development who is passionate about driving inorganic growth in the enterprise SaaS space. In this role you will lead our corporate development focus on one of our largest businesses, and work hand in hand with product leaders and executives in identifying and evaluating important strategic opportunities. These opportunities include both M&A and strategic investments. You will develop the insights and analysis that our executive team needs to make informed decisions around our inorganic growth story moving forward. Not only will you frame out key areas of interest and help execute against that vision, you will also develop a long-term perspective of Atlassian, and have a viewpoint on how we can get there.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a small team at one of the most unique enterprise software companies in the market and have a big impact on its future!
What you bring to the table
- Experience leading M&A deals and M&A teams. You have proficiency in evaluating, negotiating, and executing deals and are comfortable jumping into the scouting and integration processes.
- Ability to frame problems concisely and thoughtfully, build narratives and develop key questions and decisions needed to drive a process forward.
- A broad network with senior leadership and key constituents (VCs, bankers, etc.) across the enterprise software industry.
- A history of developing strong internal relationships with every level and function within a company, and have been a trusted advisor to those parties.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analyses and executing and working with finance, accounting, legal, tax, HR and others to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Desire to contribute to the vision, strategy and direction of the broader team, and to the processes, tools, and practices we need to make that vision a reality.
- Positive energy and an appetite for teamwork.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- A Bachelor’s degree. An MBA is a plus, but not required.
- 10 + years of proven experience in a combination of corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, and/or consulting. Prior Corporate Development experience is strongly preferred.
- Deep experience in the enterprise software space with demonstrated ability to think strategically and be opinionated.
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative approach to work.
- Experience in leading large teams through the M&A process end to end.
- Strong quantitative skills, as well as demonstrable analytical thinking.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, and a history of working with senior execs and boards of directors.
- A passion for learning about new companies and technologies.
More about the team
The Corporate Development team at Atlassian is a small but mighty team. Directly reporting to the Co-CEO, the team sits at the center of all critical inorganic strategic thinking and execution. We work closely with product sponsors, advising them on key initiatives, while closely aligning with all major functional areas to ensure we set up our acquisitions for success. We work hard, and have a great time. Working collaboratively is critical given our team orientation.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.