|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to the next level.
We are looking for an accomplished, motivated product leader to define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures.
In this role you will lead Microsoft Teams in defining and building the next generation of web framework that will enable us to accelerate feature delivery, increase reliability, and establish common patterns and architecture. This role is a mix of product thinking, systems-understanding, cross-team collaboration, and leadership. It is a high value role that is both creative and technical with the opportunity to redefine how people work and collaborate.
Teams Framework is the foundation upon which the Teams product is built. We provide the building blocks for the product to be successful. We are passionate about our product and meticulous about every experience we build for our users.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We’re in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We’re also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
- Drive large scale technical horizontal projects across the Teams organization
- Work closely with devs and architects to come up with world class developer experiences to empower fast performance, low memory footprint and rapid velocity
- Communicate and report status, escalate blockers, keep large projects on track
- Manage backlogs, priorities and dependencies across teams to make sure features land on time and with high quality
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
- Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
- 7+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
- Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
- Strong project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a proven track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
- Demonstrated experience across the entire product lifecycle – from competitive research, ideation, user centered design, specification, architecture and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
- Strong affinity and experience in user-centered design, UX design and innovating on behalf of the customer is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.