|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the vision along with the innovation in the Audio Space. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of products and Surface needs you! As a Senior PM in our software team you will help shape the vision of the Microsoft Audio strategy for Surface and other products.
Role & Opportunity:
- Write functional specifications for new features and drive the Audio Roadmap for your domain. - You’ll have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software and hardware, driving delivery of both current products as well as helping to define the future of our Audio experiences in Surface.
- Interface closely with Audio community within Microsoft as well as externally
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop best of breed solutions
- Drive the development process of firmware and tools for Surface including bug management, triage, and investigations
- Create, maintain and control the project schedule and dashboard, facilitate meetings, and proactively identify risks to the project.
- Generate and communicate insights and top-level scorecards for our engineering systems.
- Collaborate across disciplines from engineering to research and design.
- 6+ years as a technical program or product manager
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter and a proven problem-solver
- Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level preferably in Audio and Graphics.
- Proven communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, Software Engineers etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
- Demonstrated track record of leading product teams to ship
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills are a must
- A BS in computer science or a related field is preferred
- Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.