|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Office Experience Organization (OXO) is looking for an experienced Principal Program Manager Lead for our Services at Scale PM team. This team drives core services in OXO for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other apps with high reliability and efficiency while defining and delivering initiatives across COGS, Security, Compliance and Service Infrastructure with partnerships across Microsoft 365 and Azure. Office for the web is the key service at the center of the Office strategy for service-based web productivity and intelligence.
As the PM Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of PMs who are responsible for driving and leveraging a world-class service infrastructure that meets the scale demands for Office for the web apps and services enabling collaboration, identity, and productivity across the Office suite and endpoints. Your impact will be felt by hundreds of Engineers and PMs that rely on and integrate with our platform and technologies. In addition to the platform, your team will run a set of critical shared services such as production telemetry collection, traffic routing, and provide thought leadership for OXO in services areas. These investments of your team are crucial for continuing to scale in the new world of remote work,lifeand education.
The work done by this team has impact across the company as we build and enhanced One Microsoft technologies and partner with other divisions on:
- Performance and reliability of infrastructure components, from Office to Microsoft 365 to Azure that are deployed on our VMs or used for deployment andmonitoring
- Modeling and driving a Site Reliability Engineering culture to meet Service Level Objectives (SLOs) that in turn help deliver a great customer experience when using ourservices
- Meeting and exceeding Security, Compliance and Privacy objectives to safeguard the wide range of customers and industries working in thecloud
- Optimizing the service code, infrastructure, and architecture to enable running more sessions on less hardware to contribute to better reliability for customers and higher margins for thebusiness
- Enabling product teams to develop, test and deploy in a highly satisfying and agilemanner
We offer a fantastic and fun team environment with commitment to people,inclusionand careers, which you will foster and cultivate. We celebrate team cultural values of being:
- Open to listening to and incorporating feedback, bringing people together to brainstorm and communicateideas
- Customer-obsessed, both for the product teams relying on what this team delivers and for our externalcustomers
- Exceptional partners, as we design and collaborate across many teams across thecompany
- Committed to continual learning and growing in building a high-trust, collaborative, diverse and deeply inclusive teamenvironment
As Principal PM Manager of the team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the priorities, roadmap, strategy, and execution for the team working with your PM team, Engineering Manager peers, and partner teams across Office and Microsoft.
- Lead a high performing PM team within Services at scale with a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Develop PMs to be exceptional in the domain of globally deployed, critical productivity services.
- Be an active member of OXO Shared Leadership Team which drives shared platform,servicesand components for Office as well as our diversity and inclusion priorities.
- 3+ years managing high performing teams of Program Managers
Experience defining the capabilities and roadmap for highly complex services
- Domain expertise in Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), or web service technologies
- Experience driving positive and productive cross-team product development partnerships
- Exceptional communication and management skills to collaborate across teams and coach/model/care to grow Program Management talent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.