|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the office of the CTO for Microsoft. Besides our regular jobs of gathering information, synthesizing recommendations, and enabling our engineering teams to achieve more, we are technological explorers. We work with a distinguished set of engineers exploring technology trends such as the Intelligent Edge, Intelligent Car, AI/ML, OSS, data security and privacy, and blockchain. We help take the very best ideas and turn them into business strategies and products.
You are passionate about exploring new technology and moving it from wonder to results. You communicate well, are fluent in tech speak, and maintain a solid grounding in customer empathy. You have worked with strong technologists, and can shape their musings into solid product and business objectives. You can be effective working on a great team that has market changing ideas, but needs your help to turn their ideas into reality.
You are experienced in software engineering, from ideation and architecture design, to writing code, to shipping. You can also translate your technical knowledge into business and are able to build partnerships across teams. You excel at working with and influencing a broad set of people across the company.
Our team values a friendly, collaborative atmosphere with a passion for technology. We believe strongly that a diverse team that applies empathy and leverages high quality communication skills helps us deliver superior product and is key to our success.
Work with key customers and partners to build relationships and influence technical strategy and execution.
Engage with product/research teams to prototype, explore, and prove technology; then help build strategic plans.
Constantly learn and prototype with new technology (internal and external) and help us understand our competitive landscape.
Represent the Office of the CTO at events and meetings – ensure actions and follow-ups are completed.
Putting puzzle pieces together is a big part of this role, connecting people to people, finding the right people covering the right technology area.
Required Education and Experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience. MBA is a plus.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated great performance in engineering focused roles with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
- Great leadership in enterprise, coupled with strong organizational and communication skills
- Technical skillset that crosses platforms, technologies and implementation approaches
- Technical depth in web development and multiple cloud platform technologies
- Demonstrated cross-discipline and cross-group collaboration skills
- Proven record of influencing a dynamic set of stakeholders with competing interests toward win-win outcomes
- Ability to wear many hats, learn quickly, and lead a change in direction when needed
- Ability to think strategically and work independently, in highly ambiguous scenarios
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.