|Job Type:||Full Time|
343 Industries is looking for a Senior FX Artist to join our Multiplayer team working on our next big game, Halo Infinite.We are looking for someone who is driven, highly creative and willing to tackle any effect challenge that comes their way. A solid team player with strong communication skills, who cancollaborate with multiple disciplines and has the experience to managea dedicated team.Assume complete ownership of Multiplayer FX, reviewing work and mentoring reports, but also balancing any assigned FX creation work. Someone who is self-sufficient and flexible enough to build effects with minimal direction or visual targets. Be a part of a tightly knit team that is responsible for delivering high-end effects for future Halo games. Join 343 Industries and become part of the Halolegacy!
- Work directly with the FX Lead and Art Directors to ensure the visual quality bar is met.
- Create all types of photorealistic, high quality effects for weapons, vehicles and characters.
- Innovate current effect techniques to push beyond modern game development methods.
- Reviewing and mentoring of Multiplayer FX team members.
- Concept and prototype new effects as well as raising the quality bar on existing content.
- Work closely with designers,animators and engineers to produce the best game experience possible.
- Collaborate with other FX artists to share techniques, assets and ideas.
- Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards.
- Be self-driven and passionate about effects development.
Required Experience and Skillset:
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a real-time game engine.
Preferred Experience and skillset:
- Strong understanding of how to create photorealistic effects.
- Strong knowledge of particle systems.
- Experience working with real-time particle simulations in either proprietary or 3rd party systems.
- Knowledge of art fundamentals including color theory, visual design, and composition.
- Solid understanding of physics, motion and animation, including weighting, scale and timing.
- Solid understanding of animation and timing and how to apply this effectively to gameplay FX
- Experience managing real-time FX to GPU/CPU budgets including performance profiling and LOD work
- Good understanding of Lighting and how it influences effects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced at mentoring and reviewing work of junior artists.
- Shipped at least one AAA game, block buster film or popular TV series.
- Experience writing shaders either through an engine’s node network or within a text editor.
- Understanding of compositing and rendering techniques.
- Proficient in at least one 3D software package like Maya, Max, Houdini or XSI.
- Experience creating high quality fluid dynamic systems.
- Proficient in Photoshop.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.