|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a terrific opportunity if you are excited to work with teams across Microsoft, drive planning and solve challenges for a large scale service that is critical path for Office 365 and Microsoft's success.
You will be responsible for extending our data plane platform infrastructure, leading our evolving network strategy to deliver delightful Microsoft 365 experiences over optimal network configurations resulting in high customer success. You will innovate on a highly available, widely distributed service that processes over 1 trillion requests per day for hundreds of millions of users all around the world. You will work directly with both internal and partner teams across Microsoft to scope requirements, validate assumptions, publish the plan of record, drive sign-offs and ultimately be the source of truth for the all-up plan, strategy and roadmap. You will also be accountable to successfully collaborate with our partner ecosystem, and vice versa. Of course, the bottom line is critical, so you’ll design features and functionality that improve our service performance and reliability and reduce our operational and servicing costs.
- Leadership – You need to be expert at leading cross-functional teams on complex projects. To quote our CEO Satya… great leaders provide energy, clarity & results.
- Energy – Bring it! Microsoft moves fast, and the cloud industry moves even faster. We’re looking for passionate, motivated people who inject energy and a sense of urgency into the projects and teams they work on.
- Clarity – Clarity is perhaps our most important value add. New is always hard and comes with a long list of questions. Our job is to align everyone on the same plan and keep them there.
- Results – We’re looking for doers… people who consistently get stuff done. How do we measure success? Deliver the right infrastructure at the right time in the right place at the right cost and with minimal surprises. That’s a fantastic result!
- Collaborator – Partnering with others is at the heart of this role, so top-notch collaboration skills are essential. Great collaborators aren’t just easy to work with – they also raise tough questions, challenge others as necessary and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Presence – Can you build relationships and influence people… from execs to individuals, across business and technical disciplines? Are you equally deft at leading cross-functional meetings and building rapport in 1:1 conversations?
- Framer – Providing effective structure to solve complex problems, organize teams and communicate to stakeholders. Excellent framing rallies people and brings clarity.
- Learner – Working on a fast paced industry requires an ability and appetite to learn quickly… and to keep learning. In short, we are looking for people with growth mindsets.
- Teammate – We seek amazing teammates. People who help each other, solve problems together, motivate others, have fun and apply the term “team” at the broadest level – irrespective of organizational lines.
- Experience – Product planning, engineering, cloud services, operations, partner management & business development, software performance analysis, data analytics and developer platform experiences are all beneficial for this role and our team. The more of these you have, the better.
- Technical experience – Strong experience in distributed network architecture, DNS, protocols like TCP and HTTP, routing technologies, load balancing, high availability, network and software performance optimization, and Internet peering.
Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
5+ years technical networking experience
3+ years cloud service or related experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.