|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the Platform team and work with the larger Flipgrid organization to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Workwith the platform team to deliver productionservicesatscale.
- Support organization-wide engineering efforts by delivering tools and services to support theFlipgridplatform.
- Maintain and deploy services using infrastructure as code and containerized deployments.
- Maintain and monitor infrastructure – participate in on-call rotation for production level issues.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature.
- Followbestpractices (continuous integration, TDD, code standards).
- Bachelor’s Degree inComputer Scienceorequivalentwork experience.
- A self-motivated and self-directed work ethic.
- 3+years ofexperience configuring and maintaining resources onAWSand/orAzure
- 3+yearsofexperiencedelivering solutions leveraging Relational Databases (PostgresSQLor MySQL).
- Strong working knowledge ofbuilding, maintaining, and testing large-scale applications written in a modern program language.
- Experience building in a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Skilledinrunning applications onLinux.
- Experience withDockerand Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Experience with Ruby or Python.
- Strong working knowledge ofmessage queueing protocols (SQS, RabbitMQ or equivalent).
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis.
- Skilledinworking with media pipelines (audio and video encoders, codecs and transcoding).
- Process maintenanceskills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.