|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for news, excellence, and connecting people online, in a trusted space? Want to gain experience running a real service business at Microsoft? Are you a good manager with strong attention to detail and the ability to motivate your employees for top notch service excellence? If so, Global content moderation operations team is looking for an experienced Content Project Manager to join the team.
The global content moderation operations role is a critical member of the team, accountable for 24/7 vendor and crowd moderation across all of our content ecosystem experiences (Microsoft News products and services globally – 180 countries, scaling to 300).
The role of the Content Project Manager is to manage, execute on policy, and maximize the operational excellence within the Global Content Moderation Operations Team.
What you'll be doing
- Review and evaluate content for compliance against our standards and guidelines, leveraging automated and editorial tools.
- Analyze data, propose and implement programmatic rules to tackle issues at scale
- Workacross teams in responding to sensitive issues.
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively and create reports to improve, optimize, and innovate.
- Analyze new and potential features and proactively propose plans to help reduce or remove content issues.
In this role, you’ll ensure the best content ecosystem experiences for 1B users worldwide, you’ll help:
- write and ensure team upholdsour content moderation guidelines and policies
- Provide management, oversight, and direction to a ensure vendor and crowd moderation quality across multiple markets
- Provide monthly tracking on metrics and SLA adherence for market accountabilities
- Provide quarterly aggregated metrics around team performance
- Work with global content moderation opsteam to identify gaps in process, tools, and service features
- Contribute content for the monthly all hands meetings and for other weekly meetings
- Host employee training sessions
- remove unwanted contentspanning: licensed, community and professional contributor
- Ensure proper awareness and content moderation execution according to global readiness and geopolitical requirements by market
- Work closely and provide feedback on automated content moderation tools and systems
- Operate content moderation appeals process
You’ll hear opposing views and make tough calls in intense situations, and you’ll also have to explain your decisions to the team, our users, and third parties in clear and understandable terms.
You’ll work with others to look into the future of the content ecosystem and stop potential issues before they become a threat.
- Ability to function in DRI roles as back up to address and ensure 24/7 uptime.
- Experience implementing content policies (for example, being a subreddit moderator)
- Project management skills and experience driving cross-team collaboration. In-depth knowledge of internet culture and trends.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of addressing symptoms.
- Familiarity with technical systems: you don’t need to be a software developer, but you should be able to understand networking and systems, and have experience reasoning over data.
- Empathy and patience: we want our users to have the best experience we can deliver, and ensure they feel like their voices matter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure. A passion for news and content.
- Willingness to work during non-typical or non-core hours.
- 3+ years experience crafting and enforcing moderation policies.
- 3+ years of experience leading operational teams.
- 3 years content moderation experience on social and/or news product.
- BS degree in CS, Humanities, HCI design or related field is required.
The ideal candidate is someone who understands how to harness the team's passion, resources, and skillsets and turn them into operational excellence.
Candidates should be comfortable working with loose/vague requirements, be able to drive toward clarified requirements and translate them to actionable tasks, and work with the team to see a project through to completion.
The Ability to motivate individuals to produce a highly accurate, efficient, and policy-driven work output is highly desirable.
The candidate must be comfortable putting together presentations to convey key objectives, business impact, etc. to garner support from team members or peer teams on initiatives and programs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.