|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy working directly with customers and building products starting in early stages? Do you enjoy coaching and growing engineers? Are you looking for opportunities to contribute to Microsoft’s big bets and enable all enterprises, big or small, to enable work force working from anywhere in the world? Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) is one of the fastest growing technology that Microsoft has to offer to enterprises. To enable and accelerate WVD’s adoption, we are creating a brand-new team to build WVD Azure Portal to enable deploying, managing and monitoring the service. If you are looking for web client and server development work, making impact to enable enterprise to adopt WVD and empower employees working from anywhere, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a leader who is obsessed with customers, passionate about growing engineers and a role model of company values to lead this new team. This leader will be taking on the challenges of building a team from scratch, fostering a team culture that is collaborative, diverse and inclusive. The candidate for this role should have prior hands on experience of developing, deploying a public service, familiar with continuous testing, CI/CD engineering practice and DRI experience with supporting public service. This leader needs to work well across team boundaries and be able to ramp up quickly on new Azure technologies.
- Recruit, manage, coach and grow a team of 5 to 6 software engineers.
- Work with PMs and customers to define product direction and timeline.
- Design and implementation of WVD Azure Portal service front and back end.
- Emphasis on product quality -- build dashboard and monitor metrics.
- Model growth mindset: tirelessly improve engineering process to achieve higher quality and engineering efficiency; recover and learn from failures.
- Able to work well across team boundaries.
- At least 10+ years of experience shipping or running production systems and software.
- 5+ years of software design and development in c#, Java, C++ or equivalent languages.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Prior engineering manager experience.
- Experience with UI development, accessibility and localizations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Azure Tools and compliance requirements.
- Strong service delivery experience, including architecture, coding and building cloud services.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, working well across team boundaries.
- Willingness to learn, and a proactive and positive attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.