|Job Type:||Full Time|
Enterprise customers are rapidly adopting Azure Cloud services. At Microsoft, the Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) organization is responsible for hardware architecture, design, and development of servers and racks that are engineered for Azure Cloud solutions. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, industry partners, and researchers to architect and develop server hardware solutions that have cutting edge performance and innovative features, while maintaining the lowest total cost of ownership.
The CSI Program Management team is looking for a highly motivated Program Manager with a track record in driving SoC Firmware development for high performance server solutions. You will be working with a group of talented engineers to manage and coordinate the delivery of the software and firmware that power our innovative cloud services. This role will focus on all aspects of software program management, ranging from planning and scheduling of software/firmware execution, validation, release, and update. In addition, you will be responsible for driving development interface with our SoC Suppliers.
As a seasoned program manager, you must have a strong desire, passion, and ability to understand customer needs and a willingness to develop holistic approaches to product solutions that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. You have experience working as a team member with developers and building strong working relationships with suppliers, fostering a positive and energetic working environment between Microsoft’s internal firmware developers and the Suppliers’ development team. You should also understand hardware, firmware, telemetry, algorithms, software quality, and how they interact to create products that our customers will fall in love with.
This ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors' Degree or higher preferrably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience as a Technical Program or Project Manager or in a technical role with systems experience, with 3+ years of experience working in FW development
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, prioritize multiple strategic and tactical options, and drive issues to closure with a high bar on quality
- Exceptional organization and project management skills, experience with agile project management methodology, Azure Dev Ops, JIRA, or similar tools
- Knowledge of ARM SoC functionality
- Experience in management of complex cross-functional, cross-business, cross-disciplinary projects
- Technical savvy. Know how to solve the hard problems, and demonstrate ability to work independently
- Proven ability to synthesize and communicate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Project experience working across hardware and low-level (driver, firmware, kernel mode) software teams
- Experience with Cloud Hardware development
- Data center hardware/software project experience from inception to go live
- Familiarity with firmware development for SoCs and ASICs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.