|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Translator powers the translation in all Microsoft products, and is available as an API in the Azure Cognitive Services family of services. Application developers, enterprise customers and governments around the globe rely on it to translate billions of words every day, between 80 languages. The Microsoft Translator app translates text, images and speech on millions of mobile devices.
Build the next version of the Translator service. Be a deeply technical advocate to help our customers solve their translation problems and integrate translation into their workflow. Plan and design the features and functions of the Translator service, and drive and procure the translation quality in the domains that address customer and partner needs.
We expect that you have a master’s degree or PhD in machine translation or computational linguistics, know something about languages, and can talk and present technology to a technical audience. You are good at teamwork and can guide a project from ideation through implementation to post-release analytics.
The position is located either in North America or in Europe, your choice. If and when we go back to working in the office, in the Seattle area or in Munich.
#microsoft #mstranslator #azurecognitiveservices
As a Lead Program Manager on the Translator team, you will help build and develop the next version of the Translator service. Responsibilities include the following:
- Define product strategy and roadmap to deliver value and drive customer engagement
- Define and analyze key engagement and quality of service metrics
- Work with the feature teams within Translator to build compelling features and functions
- Work across teams in a large organization
- Being enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great collaborator
- Engage directly with customers and serve as a local point of escalation for AI Platform.
- Unblock the team and ensure everyone stays productive
- Demonstrated customer focused innovation in the machine translation space.
- Experience driving machine learning based capabilities in applications and services
- Deep understanding of the use of translation in enterprise or language service provider
- Strong problem-solving skills and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and preferably in another language as well.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Machine Translation, Computational Linguistics, or other Machine Learning applied to NLP
- 4+ years experience of program or product management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check – This position requires passing the Microsoft Cloud background for all new hires/transfers and every two years thereafter.