|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you passionate about building always available, scalable, highly responsive systems? Do you want to work on building enterprise level systems that support products such as Xbox, Surface, HoloLens and Azure Cloud? Are ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience? Then this is the place for you! We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineering Manager with a proven track record and a keen interest in developing next generation of cloud-based solutions that are the foundation of the Microsoft Supply Chain.
This role requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries. You will be playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer. Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and being part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success.
The ideal candidate will love taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person will have an infectious and relentless pursuit of growth and improvement both for themselves as well as their solutions.
- Engage directly with key partners and other engineering teams to understand data, service metrics, telemetry and tools requirements and ensure we’re delivering the right engineering solutions to enable high QoS for services in our portfolio.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven Engineering Lead.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues
- Drive thought leadership and enable the implementation world class Supply Chain services
- Work closely with the other teams to help simplify and manage the architecture landscape
- Collaborate continuously with Program Managers, Software Engineering and our business users to define KPIs and measure reliability, availability and performance of our services including internal services and external integrations
- Develop high quality solutions and APIs that address businesses needs and reflect the actual user or customer experience.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 8 years' minimum experience in Software Design or Development
- Experience leading high performing Engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience working in a large-scale organization driving collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams
- 5+ years of experience or job with abilities to prove excellent communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences
- 7+ years of experience working with a metrics-driven mindset, ability to experiment, learn and improve
- 5+ years of experience working with complex engineering problems with abilities to piece those into opportunities for the platform
- 5+ years of experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations, and constraints in a service
- Experience in Infrastructure and Configuration as code, as well as service auto-scale capabilities
- Inherently curious, energized by large challenges, and interested in making a significant impact on a globally scaled business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.