Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for leading a team that designs, develops, and supports dashboard, analytic, and reporting solutions across a wide variety of business intelligence data sets. Develops and maintains the strategic vision and operational roadmap for business intelligence, identifying new opportunities, and prioritizing incoming project requests based on strategic goals, business unit needs, resource availability, and overall cost and benefits to the company. Proactively builds collaborative partnerships with business unit leaders to design and deliver business intelligence projects that advance their decision-making capabilities while ensuring adherence to analytical best practices. Directly accountable for the successful execution of the strategic vision, guiding and empowering the team to deliver a high throughput of projects while expertly managing around obstacles to deliver best-in-class solutions that increase speed of understanding and enable rapid decision making.
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of industry best practices and technical expertise to develop and execute the strategic vision for business intelligence, guiding and empowering the team to develop creative and innovative ways to efficiently and effectively answer business questions.
- Builds a culture of Continuous Improvement, driving incremental changes through the collaborative assessment of processes and actions, the measurement of overall project effectiveness, and solicitation of feedback from business partners.
- Develops highly effective, collaborative relationships with business leaders, identifying opportunities to leverage business intelligence projects to increase operational knowledge, improve data access efficiency, and enable rapid decision-making.
- Ensures the effective support of all developed Business Intelligence assets, guiding rapid issue resolution, and root-cause identification processes to completion and ensuring appropriate control processes are in place to prevent further occurrences
- Ensures effective time management and project standards and processes are in place, empowering the team to execute the strategic vision while also keeping abreast and adopting changing analytical industry trends and best practices.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative, or related field
- 8+ years of Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry
- 6+ years of hands-on experience leading business intelligence teams to develop optimized, complex SQL queries across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources, such as Teradata, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, or Hyperion Essbase, or related field.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience leading data visualization teams using industry-leading Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlikview to develop robust, interactive, and visually impactful dashboards, or related field.
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry, or related field.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of Business Intelligence solution design (i.e. hands-on development experience with OLAP/cubing, data visualization, ETL, interactive reporting, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in People Management
- Tableau Certification
- Coursera/DataCamp certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.